Thread: WARNING, possible spoof/spam email rcRacingevents

Exclamation WARNING, possible spoof/spam email rcRacingevents

Just looked at my email and saw a questionable email from

Hello Ray Schrauwen!

Someone just viewed your racer profile on rcRacingEvents!

You should log in and make sure that your information is current if it's been awhile so that other racers can keep up with your racing experinces and history.

If you do not wish to continue recieving these emails you can log in and turn off this setting in your account.

You may log into your account by going to rcRacingEvents. com's Racers Corner!

Sincerly,
    rcRacingEvents .com
    I'm not clicking on anything.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hey Ray, I think it’s probably okay, double check the senders address and enter the web address in your browser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I constantly get spam emails sent to my company's address, and I learned a thing or two about telling if it's real or not. Firstly, I learned from an article on http://folderly.com/blog that it's essential to check the email address. Ignore the auto-populated name that the email says it is from, but check the actual "name@domain.com" email address. It would help if you also ignored the logos. Spammers steal the Google logo all the time to make a fake email appear real. Don't be fooled by an image. Another crucial tip is that you should NEVER click the link. Things like http://gsudbhf.idh are spam, and any link you don't recognize, you should avoid clicking on.
    Last edited by hectortwede; 07-06-2021 at 02:27 AM.