Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 70

Thread: ZTW Seal 300a ESC, Who is using it ?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    O ok , when they eventually do it I can download it to the ESC.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Did a GPS run with some CNC props lol on 7S and got 88.5 mph.
    Next run will be 12S And with some decent props that I got from Chris, should be good
    Last edited by Speedfreek; 12-04-2018 at 06:20 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    7,302

    Default

    Go man go!! Glad to hear good things on the ZTW.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Go man go!! Glad to hear good things on the ZTW.
    Lol will see when used on 12S

    https://youtu.be/4-Oo_xh4CAE 7S run.
    Last edited by Speedfreek; 12-04-2018 at 10:13 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    7,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreek View Post
    Lol will see when used on 12S

    https://youtu.be/4-Oo_xh4CAE 7S run.
    Haha, my pond has an annoying curl to run into too. I need to find a lake with a ‘point’ to run off of.
    That is a nice spot to run though. Looks like it’s long too.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Haha, my pond has an annoying curl to run into too. I need to find a lake with a ‘point’ to run off of.
    That is a nice spot to run though. Looks like it’s long too.
    Ooo yea it's about 1 kilometer long and 250 meters wide approx, the downside is that it's salt water so I bring 5 litres of fresh water to wash down and flush the setup as soon as I am finished.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    7,302

    Default

    Ahh, saltwater. I have not contended with that as of yet. Keep her clean. Thought I heard rumour of Boats being faster on saltwater. Difference in hard and soft water too. Just rolled off the top of my head this morning, haha

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    I suppose it would be, thicker soup so to speak

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    What's the word on that 1 or 2 Mile an hour difference?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    2,871

    Default

    Less prop slip on salt water & hull is more buoyant as well, cant say in terms actual speed difference as i have never checked speed with a gps on salt v fresh water. I run mainly on salt water, when we used to take our same boats & props & ran on fresh water the boats always appeared to be revving higher but also looked to be slightly slower.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    7,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Less prop slip on salt water & hull is more buoyant as well, cant say in terms actual speed difference as i have never checked speed with a gps on salt v fresh water. I run mainly on salt water, when we used to take our same boats & props & ran on fresh water the boats always appeared to be revving higher but also looked to be slightly slower.
    Mmm, interesting

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Less prop slip on salt water & hull is more buoyant as well, cant say in terms actual speed difference as i have never checked speed with a gps on salt v fresh water. I run mainly on salt water, when we used to take our same boats & props & ran on fresh water the boats always appeared to be revving higher but also looked to be slightly slower.
    I agree totally, my first run In fresh water seemed more prop slip compared to salt water running

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1

    Default

    ZTW has the worst customer support. I went to there website to update my ZTW Geico programmer and it locked up the programmer. Then I contacted them to see if they could help me and got the response to contact the place I bought the programme from. I told them it worked fine untill I update the firmware and they did not respond for a few days. I contacted them again and gave me a big FO.... I have 3 ESCs and the 2 programmers I typed to update no longer work. I would go with anybody else but them. Never had customer support like that. Rude the whole time.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Any new runs with the ZTW 300a? Do they have reverse? I saw it has a brake function...

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Any new runs with the ZTW 300a? Do they have reverse? I saw it has a brake function...
    No new runs, its been either to hot 42 degrees Celsius or very windy, its ready to go on 12s and i have three props to try
    Yes there is reverse.
    From memory yes it does i turned it off, don't ask me why you would need brakes

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreek View Post
    No new runs, its been either to hot 42 degrees Celsius or very windy, its ready to go on 12s and i have three props to try
    Yes there is reverse.
    From memory yes it does i turned it off, don't ask me why you would need brakes
    Im going to get one for a speed run RC road car so brakes is a good thing. Just need to get a small pump to circulate some ice water through the ESC.

    -Liberty

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Im going to get one for a speed run RC road car so brakes is a good thing. Just need to get a small pump to circulate some ice water through the ESC.

    -Liberty
    I use the Castle XLX for speed runs cars it's got data login and it's just awesome I have run 144 mph with it no sweat
    My personal opinion, I wouldn't use the ZTW in a car ....
    Last edited by Speedfreek; 01-03-2019 at 07:01 PM.

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreek View Post
    I use the Castle XLX for speed runs cars it's got data login and it's just awesome I have run 144 mph with it no sweat
    My personal opinion, I wouldn't use the ZTW in a car ....
    Good to know thanks for the advice.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Update run 12s

    https://youtu.be/k0IHCXAY8B0

    Let me know, what you think happened to the shaft

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    7,302

    Default

    Well I’m not sure but it sounded like a prop came out of the water mid run. Unless that was the prop coming off, but the rest of the run did not sound like or exhibit a sign of only one prop working. They usually take a dive right or left when you lose a prop (or worse). Perhaps it let go when you let off?

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Well I’m not sure but it sounded like a prop came out of the water mid run. Unless that was the prop coming off, but the rest of the run did not sound like or exhibit a sign of only one prop working. They usually take a dive right or left when you lose a prop (or worse). Perhaps it let go when you let off?
    Hmmmmmm looks that way hay

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    7,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreek View Post
    Hmmmmmm looks that way hay
    I’ve had a few bad things happen from letting off. Once one ESC still had the brake set to on, OOPS!! Lol
    Are you going to gat another Andy prop? 108 is real good!!

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    7,302

    Default

    So what KV or more importantly what rpm do you figure you are running. I’m just curious as I also have a set of AB 447’s on my HPR 115. I haven’t given her the coals yet.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    I’ve had a few bad things happen from letting off. Once one ESC still had the brake set to on, OOPS!! Lol
    Are you going to gat another Andy prop? 108 is real good!!
    Lol, that was on loan those props , I have a custom set from dashboata to try, it's a scary looking prop lol.
    Yea 108 is fast but she has more in here, the motors and ESC were luke warm.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreek View Post
    Lol, that was on loan those props , I have a custom set from dashboata to try, it's a scary looking prop lol.
    Yea 108 is fast but she has more in here, the motors and ESC were luke warm.
    Saw your recent videos of the 119mph runs. First off congratulations on the speed and being Australia's fastest Catamaran!
    Any plans to move up to 14s?
    Still liking the ZTW ESCs?

    -Liberty

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Saw your recent videos of the 119mph runs. First off congratulations on the speed and being Australia's fastest Catamaran!
    Any plans to move up to 14s?
    Still liking the ZTW ESCs?

    -Liberty
    Lol Thanks.
    After checking it's the fastest rc boat period in Australia to my surprise lol , not sure yet if to up the voltage or props still thinking about it.
    ZTW ESCs working flawlessly so far , knock on wood .

    https://youtu.be/4xXGorz_wGk
    Last edited by Speedfreek; 05-15-2019 at 10:06 PM.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Co
    Posts
    3,831

    Default

    There is no data logging with the ZTW 300 is there ?

    Which ESC would you think is the strongest the Swordfish 300 or the ZTW 300?
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    There is no data logging with the ZTW 300 is there ?

    Which ESC would you think is the strongest the Swordfish 300 or the ZTW 300?
    I am sure others will chime in but I have not heard good things about the new SF , the old ones are good.
    ZTW of mine is working as it should.
    MYSTIC 138 119 MPH so far

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Co
    Posts
    3,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreek View Post
    I am sure others will chime in but I have not heard good things about the new SF , the old ones are good.
    ZTW of mine is working as it should.
    Thanks for the reply I am running a F-41 Stryker Cat with a SSS 56-104 1000Kv motor on 8S2P oval racing I was wondering if the ZTW 300 would be strong enough. Right now I am finding out what the motor will handle in prop. I have a MGM 400-63-3 with a big cap bank But it is borrowed from another boat and I do ot want to have to take it out Saturday boat that night and install for Sunday boat.
    IMG_0500.jpgIMG_0499 (1).jpg
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    Thanks for the reply I am running a F-41 Stryker Cat with a SSS 56-104 1000Kv motor on 8S2P oval racing I was wondering if the ZTW 300 would be strong enough. Right now I am finding out what the motor will handle in prop. I have a MGM 400-63-3 with a big cap bank But it is borrowed from another boat and I do ot want to have to take it out Saturday boat that night and install for Sunday boat.
    IMG_0500.jpgIMG_0499 (1).jpg
    It will be fine, i run mine on 12s in a Big Cat 138 , the ESC is BIG
    Last edited by Speedfreek; 08-20-2019 at 01:56 AM.
    MYSTIC 138 119 MPH so far

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •