Thread: Proboat Prop Recommend for Veles 29

Default Proboat Prop Recommend for Veles 29

Hi Guys
    Im a bit confused here.
    Ive bought the Veles 29 and purchased 3s batteries.
    Didnt realize the prop that comes on the Veles wasn't compatible with 6S until I received it and unboxed read the manual.
    Anyway after reading the manual you can actually run the stock prop but you have to watch your electrics & batteries.
    In the manual it states if you want to run 6s they recommend 2 of their props being PRB282006 & PRB282027.
    I purchased the PRB282027 it arrived today.
    I looked at it and noticed its a CW prop the stock prop on my Veles is counterclockwise.
    I do know you can get the motor to spin CW instead but surley that will damage the flex shaft because of the direction its wound.
    Could this be a typo in the manual or am I wrong in my assumption of flex cable damage if the boat runs CW.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Steve (Davis910)

Continued
    Ok so Im a bit of a noob at all this.
    I thought maybe I was wrong in the prop I bought so I checked my user manual again and yes I did order the prop recommened as it stated.
    I then thought maybe wrong prop was in the bag it came in so I ordered another PRB282027 a week later it arrived and low and behold it was the same as the first one I got.
    So got me thinking no replies to the question on maybe the manual was misprinted.
    Anyway next up I ordered a PRB282028.
    It arrives a week later and its the right one CCW.
    Ran 4S first lot more stable and consideribly slower then ran 6S pretty quick but I dont have a gps tracker yet.
    Im now pretty certain the recommendation in the user manual is wrong the other prop recommended is the PRB282006 als a CW rotating prop.

send them back for refund .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

You are right in your assumption that running cw will ruin the flex.

Yeah, I noticed this error as well. The UL-19 uses the same stock prop and recommends the same prop for 6s. Since it didn’t make sense to me being backwards, I just ordered a prepped and ready x442 from OSE. It’s close to the same thing as the ProBoat 1.4x1.65.

The manual list xxxx027 prop, the completion guide at Horizon lists the xxxx028 prop. The manual is wrong, the website is right.