Thread: Pursuit lipo question

Default Pursuit lipo question

Hi to everyone, I am from the U.K and new to fast electrics. 37 years ago I had a nitro powered vee hull but lost it in choppy water
    Second time out. That was the end of that as my father was not impressed at all.
    Now 37 years on I saw some fast electrics on a lake where we holiday in france and got the bug.

I am currently building a pursuit and have fitted a leopard 4082 2000kv motor, one piece flex shaft and
    Octura M445 prop. My question is what is safe lipo to use 4s or 5s, I am a bit confused after reading
    So many different threads.
    Cheers

At 2000Kv - I would say to stay with 4S and 2P for longer run times.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Thanks Larry

Thats what I run in mine. 4s2p. Every once in a while ill stick a pair of 5s batts in to do some higher speed short runs. Watch temps though.
    white geico w/2200kv 3674 leopard 53.5mph 4s2p, geico w/ 1800kv outrunner 52mph on 4s2p, genesis w/2200kv castle 53.8 on 4s2p, impulse 31 w/2200kv castle, stock p1 and ul-1

Quote Originally Posted by stadiumyamaha View Post
    Thats what I run in mine. 4s2p. Every once in a while ill stick a pair of 5s batts in to do some higher speed short runs. Watch temps though.
    Cheers for info. I presume that when people run pursuit on 6s that they are running smaller kv motor ?

Quote Originally Posted by NOSBOD1 View Post
    Cheers for info. I presume that when people run pursuit on 6s that they are running smaller kv motor ?
    No, you can run your motor on 6s.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodrvr View Post
    No, you can run your motor on 6s.
    Hasn't this been discussed enough already? Giving newbies (no offense to the op) advice to run high rpm is a recipe for disaster. For the experienced ok, but for some one who is on their second boat in 37 years, and first FE running the setup on 6s is asking for a burn up.

NOSBOD1 stick with the 4s advice, that setup will give you plenty of fun like that. You can prop up to a M447 for some extra speed, but always check your temps and time your runs. Keep your battery usage to no more than 80%. Even if you are going after speed, start slow and build up, testing and checking.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Thanks Peter, appreciate your sound advise. I will stick with 4s lipos, I have 1/5 scale buggies and fpv fixed wings so money saved is all good.

I started running my Pursuit with a Leopard 4074 2150 kv on 4s 2p 5000 mAh batteries and was very happy with the speed I was getting with an M445. However a safe run time for the batteries was limited to a 3 minute + range before going into lvc.

I now use 4s 2p 7700 mAh 70c batteries which gives me a nice 4 minute and 30 second run time and the boat runs very stable with the added weight.

Also running two batteries on each side of the boat allows you to adjust the center of gravity much better than with a single 4s battery.