Thread: Swordfish 220a Data logs

Default Swordfish 220a Data logs

Hi
    I was wondering if anybody knows if the data log will only record up to 255 amps on this esc? The reason I ask is because I notice it will
    always say my peak amps is 255 but if you look at the chart it show a flat spot not a point. I was wondering if I was really drawing much more then that. Not that I'm having any issues with the esc yet or I'm just living on borrowed time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    :canada

255A is the max it records.

I found same thing with my 220 Sf.
    255 max amp reading.

Careful with her too wet its not waterproof...ugh.
    I shorted my 220 out after a blow over at 68 mph. It was working still upside down in water but, by the time I got it to shore the esc shorted out.
    Since I was banging the amp meter like you I was going to go with thr 240 sf but it's also not waterproof.
    So for 60 bucks more then the 240 I went with the 300 sf. Its water proof and has a 380 amp head room.
    And I was pulling over the 255 mark occasionally with my 55mm prop under heavy load.
    The 300 sf shows the real max amp draw too , it doesn't max out reading at 255

Hmm. it would seem like it is an 8 bit processor? 2^8 = 256.
    The current is measures in 1A increments?
    I wonder if there is a way to decrease the resolution to 2 A, and have a range of 0-510 A
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Thanks for the answer I kind of thought that would be the case. I just need to get ahold of one of the new hard to get ABC 18 17 19 38 props and see how it compares to my h7

Jack
    :canada