Thread: Good ESC for Genesis 1045 Stock Motor

Default Good ESC for Genesis 1045 Stock Motor

What is a good brand/size ESC to run in the 1045 Genesis hull with the Stock motor that comes in it? Looking to Run 3S-4S battery setup. Thanks in advance for your help.

Offshore electric raider 150 is a nice ESC but you would need to change the motor connectors.

For clarification, are you considering powering this boat with 3S to 4S voltages, or two 3S or 4S packs in series for a total of 6S or 8S voltage? What are you hoping to get out of this setup speed wise? Running 3S or 4S will most likely result in disappointing performance for that size hull. What motor came in the 41" hull? Was it something like 2000kV.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    For clarification, are you considering powering this boat with 3S to 4S voltages, or two 3S or 4S packs in series for a total of 6S or 8S voltage? What are you hoping to get out of this setup speed wise? Running 3S or 4S will most likely result in disappointing performance for that size hull. What motor came in the 41" hull? Was it something like 2000kV.
    The motor is a 36-74 2075 KV Inrunner. The batteries will not be in series. I realize this a starter set up until my boating ability improves I hope.

Well, you won't need much ESC wise to run on just 3 and 4S. But, if you think you're going to continue to modify this boat, you might want to plan ahead a get an ESC with some headroom. The Raider 150A is inexpensive and a good start. A Turnigy 180A would have a little more room to grow, but a 200A plus ESC from swordfish or ZTW would be the best option if your budget wasn't tight and you see yourself upgrading this boat in the future.

Thanks for the info.. Next step after this will be the servo. Just waiting for the boat arrival

While you're upgrading the servo, look into a stronger steering pushrod. The stock ones are notorious for deflecting and bending under load or crashes.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    While you're upgrading the servo, look into a stronger steering pushrod. The stock ones are notorious for deflecting and bending under load or crashes.
    What he said^^ and get at least the OSE 150 or a HK180 ESC. I started with a HK120 in that hull and burnt it up on the second run on 4s

Exclamation

FLYCOLOR 150A , US$ 60 including a program card . https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/do...r%20manuel.pdf

Same than OSE Raider 6s 150 Amp Esc.

The OSE version has an extra cap bank added & longer motor wires over the Flycolor 150a.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    The OSE version has an extra cap bank added & longer motor wires over the Flycolor 150a.
    And this is a bad ESC ?...

They are the same esc but with the added bonus on the OSE having an extra cap bank & longer motor wires should you need them longer, both good esc's @ a great price.

Now I am shopping for a servo for my Genesis 1045
    I really do not know anything about servos, but I kind of like the Savox SC-1256Tg. Any additional info sure would be appreciated. Thanks

Low profile metal gear with push/pull

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    Low profile metal gear with push/pull
    My guess is that he's using the stock servo mount, so it will be positioned on its side and use a single servo horn and push rod. In that case, a waterproof, metal gear, high torque servo will work well and he doesn't have to worry about the case height. I use the Spektrum S6290 in my bigger cats, a S6230 in my Zelos, and a S6240 in my mini Zonda.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

How are people running the plumbing for the Flycolor 150 and a Genesis?

Any clever adaptations to make it nests efficiently into the hull?

For this specific ESC and the ESC tray at the front, it doesn't fit particularly well...

The low mounted and wide seperated fittings make this Long ESC require to sit even further forward on the short ESC deck.

Has anyone ran angled fitting to interface with the water hoses?

Are the stock fittings on the Flycolor press fit or are they threaded?

Maybe even adding a ] shaped hard pipe to cycle water from one side to the other of the ESC?

Anyone have pictures they could share on how to efficiently pack this ESC into a genesis?
    Last edited by rotarypower101; 04-07-2019 at 12:16 AM.

This one ?

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    What extra cap bank? I have 3 of these and none have more than the 4 caps same as the Flycolor. Maybe you are thinking of the T-180?
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

This one ?

See that's the issue, in that particular picture it may be hard to tell, but that ESC is only technically sitting on ~1" of the remaining Esc deck....

This ESC doesn't organically work well with the Hulls allotted space and mounting area.

Not that this is a problem, just curious how others are going about making it work?

And if anyone has any tricks to make it work better?

Right now, I think I am going to build a small extension to the existing mounting so the ESC simply has something to sit on, and gets those fittings high enough to attach the tubing to without rubbing on the mounting structure.

Doesn't fit in there as well as the Tunigy 180A on the other genesis I have, which sat perfectly on the little platform, plumbing had clearance,and the wires had good exit points to stay out of the way.

FLYCOLOR 150A , US$ 60 including a program card . https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/do...r%20manuel.pdf

Same than OSE Raider 6s 150 Amp Esc.
    Alain,

Did you test this ESC before advising ?
    Of course not, like every advices you give all over the web

If OSE sells a different version of this ESC, it may be for reason... no ?

@thtoolman, I agree with fweasel, when you'll improve your set-up, a bigger ESC fit well as least 180+ A:
    ZTW 200, Hobbywing 180 (I'm using 180 V1 for years in a Fightercat Daytona, then Supersport 21).