Thread: Transom hardware set up questions DF 26 Mono

Default Transom hardware set up questions DF 26 Mono

I've gotten nearly all the parts and hardware for my first mono/electric build and am ready to start drilling holes! In my Delta force 26 mono, is there a standard on stinger strut placement in relation to the keel, I guess the important measurement is stuffing tube center point for the drill hole. Also I am asking for help on trim tab placement, flush with the bottom of the boat and about the importance of how far away from the keel towards the side of the boat? And also turn fins and rudder depth if there's anything I should know about those or other things I should consider. Thank you!

I have one in the attic. It runs great but I lost the lid. I’ll get up there and get it down for pics/measurements.
    Shawn

Great, that would be awesome!

Propshaft hole is 5/16” up and this one had trim but doesn’t now. Doesn’t need them either. Bolts are there so I can get measurements.

B42946DB-EBA0-423B-9461-6A94EA80BD9B.jpg8F7E50AA-76E7-4CF0-BE0A-810A9CA6BA9D.jpg

Oops forgot about the lousy phone pic upload thing. Just save the image and rotate.

Shawn, pics of the inside? I bought a fiberglass replacement hatch for my carbon hull last summer, fits great. If you decide you want to run that boat again, Steven can order one for you.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

972898FC-5348-4273-A1FA-1C0D3056A616.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Shawn, pics of the inside? I bought a fiberglass replacement hatch for my carbon hull last summer, fits great. If you decide you want to run that boat again, Steven can order one for you.
    Sure Ryan, as you can see it was a custom paint job(reason I bought it) so it went to the attic out of my sight for a time.

i mounted my strut up about 3-4mm from the bottom (meaning the bottom of strut was about 3-4mm from bottom of transom). trim tabs maybe 2mm up and fairly close to strut. trim tabs as far out as i could mount. ill post up pics and vid later today for ya.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

you can see i used a flooded tube, but either way you get the idea IMG_1651.jpg

heres a vid too

https://youtu.be/n39gmcl6-Fk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Ok, great you all, thanks so much for the info and the pictures are a huge help also! With the turn fins, it looks like they should be perpendicular to the bottom of the boat?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenLilly View Post
    Ok, great you all, thanks so much for the info and the pictures are a huge help also! With the turn fins, it looks like they should be perpendicular to the bottom of the boat?
    Yep 👍🏼