Thread: Shockwave 26 for $365 shipped...what???

Default Shockwave 26 for $365 shipped...what???

Recently completed build (everything is done except calibrating the transmitter with the ESC). Not been wet since completion. I purchased this, used, in stock trim, and it arrived with the electronics tray busted. Perfect excuse to start from scratch. I peeled off the stickers and applied a set of the earlier Shockwave 26 graphics. Aside from the hull and servo, the rest is new. I only did the carbon fiber inlay for kicks, but it's bonded to the hull with West Systems G-flex 655 so it's rock solid. All interior pieces are bonded with G-flex 655, tinted black with graphite powder. The mount is for 36mm motors. There is a brand new Turnigy 3665, 3190kv motor in it, connected to a Jeff Wohlt 0.062 wire-drive with 3/16 stub. The aluminum stuffing tube was replaced with brass 0.25in, and has an Aquacraft bushing. The Teflon liner will allow for a larger wire-drive, or you can pull out the liner & run a .187 flex. I cut some carbon fiber plates to move the strut further away from the transom, allow for strut adjustment, and also extended the rudder stand-off. Rudder pushrod is 0.095in. Steering servo is a Traxxas 2075. Turnigy 120A ESC with cooling through Kintec tubing. I used some adhesive-backed foam rubber to line the canopy, for a water-tight seal (I expect anyway). It fits very snug. Push the canopy all the way down in the back, and you only need two turns on each of the thumb-screws. The prop I intended to start with is a sharpened and balanced Octura x637. That prop will come on it, unless the buyer doesn't need it. I'll subtract $20 for no prop. Transmitter and receiver are the original ones that came with these Shockwaves. I can't think of anything else right now, but if you have any questions, please ask.

$325 (Open to offers, of course) shipped, as pictured, within CONUS...OR $305 shipped, without a prop.

Thanks,
    Michael P.

The first four images are of the swapped graphics, before I started the build.

001.jpg
    002.jpg
    003.jpg
    004.jpg
    Last edited by lt130th; 12-11-2018 at 01:45 AM.

Bump.

The boat builds you got for sale look very nice and very detailed! Why are you selling them and you have not even run them yet?

Price drop.

How does the battery/batteries lay in it ?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Here's a 3s, 4000mAh LiPo strapped in. Still plenty of room for a larger 5000mAh+ pack. With this pack, the balance point is exactly at 30% of the 26in hull (7.8in forward of the transom).

20181219_233724.jpg
    20181219_233935.jpg