Thread: The white Zonda carbon/kevlar cracking to?

Default The white Zonda carbon/kevlar cracking to?

Going to build a catamaran don`t know what hull to buy.Read a lot about zondas cracking is that still a problem?Much better to get a MHZ mystic instead?But a lot moor money in the end.But want a boat what would last a long time.

MHZ OR H&M are your best options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you really want the Zonda, buy the full carbon version (the New Zonda from DYmotorshop) and reinforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by tubben View Post
    Going to build a catamaran don`t know what hull to buy.Read a lot about zondas cracking is that still a problem?Much better to get a MHZ mystic instead?
    The great MHZ's crack too.

H&M Agitator XL 120 WE Mk II New version 2017 available in a bulletproof layup.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodrvr View Post
    H&M Agitator XL 120 WE Mk II New version 2017 available in a bulletproof layup.
    You think H&m are better then MHZ?Are the MHZ carbon cracking to or the ones with out?

You think H&m are better then MHZ?Are the MHZ carbon cracking to or the ones with out?
    It depends on how hard you push it.

Want a boat thatcould handle a flipp in 100mils/h haven't read so much about h&m hulls.

H&M are very popular across the pond. The one I mentioned in post #5 has a current speed record of 147.86 mph.

I live on that side of tho pond😁Not so much difference in the price between them on the hulls.

I'd get one if I didnt just buy two other hulls.

Most hulls are 2 layers ( carbon or glass). Every boat out there is is built in 2 pieces leaving the seem vulnerable to cracking. Any boat flipped at any significant speed that lands wrong will split or crack.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mightynova63 View Post
    Most hulls are 2 layers ( carbon or glass). Every boat out there is is built in 2 pieces leaving the seem vulnerable to cracking. Any boat flipped at any significant speed that lands wrong will split or crack.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I agree with that! I got the white/blue fiberglass/kevlar Zonda and had a blow over on the first run. I expected it to be cracked or split but I got VERY lucky and no damage. I have run it a few more times and no more blow overs or any damage that I can see forming.

How is the paint job? On the Zonda? Got a Genesis and paint is loosen from hull when ripping off the tape...

How is the paint job? On the Zonda? Got a Genesis and paint is loosen from hull when ripping off the tape...
    Paint is great! I had a Genesis first that I got from a U.S. Ebay seller and had no problems with the paint and using hatch tape. I got my blue/white Zonda from here OSE store, and I have had no problems with paint and using hatch tape. And I no longer use the thin hatch tape that most hobby stores sell, I use the wider "hockey tape" that I think has more tackiness than the thin hatch tape.

The decals come right off on the blue and white one I had. Used the boat twice. Decals came off with the hatch tape and had a crack in the side of the hull. Crap.