Thread: Delta Force 26 mono build questions

Default Delta Force 26 mono build questions

Hello, first mono/fiberglass/electric build, I have built a few nitro wooden hydroriggers but not much carries over!

Currently my questions for this boat are:
    -Should I try to run the boat without trim tabs and/or turn fins? I've seen a few people mention that they are optional.
    -When mounting hardware to the fiberglass transom, should I just mount directly to boat with a little silicone or is it better to create or buy some sort of gasket for sealing and to protect the hull from cracking and damaging with direct contact?

I recommend at least one pair of trim tabs and small turn fins.
    It does not hurt to apply a thin layer of silicone to the transom hardware to help seal up any leaks and prevent the hardware from shifting if the screws loosen up.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Tyler on your 26" mono saw boat did you run around 30% cg or further forward ? also how far up from keel did you find you needed the center of the stuffing tube @ the transom for best all round performance. Thanks Martin.

Ok thank you for your help! Martins question may also help, I would assume I drill stuffing tube all the way at bottom of transom but maybe I shouldn't depending on what Tylers answer is.

Martin,

The CG was between 30-32%. The prop centerline was only about 10-12mm above the keel. Dropping the centerline of the prop helped keep the boat on the water. More lift on the transom to keep the nose down.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Hi Stephen.
    A great little boat. I retired mine a couple of years ago after a few good years of racing,
    Replaced it with a TFL Rocket, which is basically the same hull.
    Here's a bit of a thread done on it at the time. There may be some info in there that could help.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...56920-New-boat