Thread: prather 46

Default prather 46

new to boats I have a prather 46 in deep v I would like to make electic it has a castle mamba xl has surface drive with 1/4 cable so I bought a leopard motor 56110 in 780 kv I would like to run it on 8s with a octura x462 prop the motor has 6 mm bullet connectors and the speed control has 8mm which should I change motor or control iknow nothing about electric thanks for any help limited income

Quote Originally Posted by fastastro View Post
    new to boats I have a prather 46 in deep v I would like to make electic it has a castle mamba xl has surface drive with 1/4 cable so I bought a leopard motor 56110 in 780 kv I would like to run it on 8s with a octura x462 prop the motor has 6 mm bullet connectors and the speed control has 8mm which should I change motor or control iknow nothing about electric thanks for any help limited income
    I would use the castle 8mm connectors they are rated up to 300amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you do you think it will work? or do you think I need a different prop?the boat had a gas engine never was run I've had it 20 years or more

I think your setup should be right on the money as long as the boat doesn't weigh a TON. Use 8mm connectors, bigger is better. Is the speedo a mamba XL2? the first editions had problems like blowing up on plug in!!!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

yes it is a newer one I will try to water cool it I have a bigger prop and a smaller prop to see which runs best . would like to be reliable as how I will be running in the Columbia river. thanks again for the info

Always start with a smaller prop and check all temps after a run. then you will know if your electrincis can handle a larger prop, also time your runs as long run times will also heat the electronics up including the battery.

thanks for the info do you know if this would also run on 6s I don't have to go fast

780 kv is abit low to run on 6s so maybe something like a 1200 kv motor will work.

already have the motor will just run 8s or maybe 10s if I can do it cheap enough thanks

will it hurt to run 10 guage wire to the batteries to the speed control and who makes batteries with 10 guage wire? should I use 8 mm or 6mm anti-spark bullets ? thanks for the info .

Cheap and big boats do not usually work well...what capacity are your batteries...8S will be plenty for messing around speeds. Hope you have a recovery boat as well if you are running on a river. 6S will work as well and may be your friend as it will be slower and more stable on the river.

I have the exact same motor on 10S in a 45" mono and its about 62 MPH in oval race trim.

I don,t want to run over 50 mph I will have a recovery boat I just need to know if 10 guage wire is heavy enough . thanks for the info I used to run the nitro boats on the river what a challenge

what would be the setup for a tug boat slow and a long run time modest size boat I need a recovery boat . waterproofing a speed control what is best way? epoxy liquid tape any suggestions ? thanks will have pictures soon

Zippkits have a great Tub Boat complete with single or twin motors for great turning in tight spots. if you have a good seal on your lid and hull you don,t need a water proof esc. keep the water out just like the submarine does.

thanks will go to zippkits what would what do they recommend to power it with ?

have a look as they come as a full kit if you want.

they are a little small to be running in the Columbia river I might get the running hardware kit and build me a pvc boat.