Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6s/Q cat for IMPBA

Default 6s/Q cat for IMPBA

Anyone know where I can get a fast 6s/Q cat hull from? I’m going to use it for IMPBA heat racing. I’m also leaning towards a Aeromarine sprint 40 but I’ve had them before. Kinda looking for something that looks different. Any help would be appreciated.

The Cheetah would be different and is only very slightly smaller than the SprintCat. I only ran mine on 4S but there is plenty of room for a 6S setup. What are the other racers running? If the others run similar sized hulls the the Cheetah shoukd work. If they are running much larger hulls then the Cheetah may be on the small size. It does turn much better than the narrow German cats.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

The sprintcat is the best 6S cat hull in my opinion, been racing them for 10 years and lots of Nat titles and Big race wins in Q cat and Q offshore. Srintcat, Neu 1527/1Y and 6S 10,000mah.
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Antonio, go with the Sprintcat. Pags' sprint cat is fast and stable in race water.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

I can walk you through your build or can build one for you? I have 2 hulls sitting on my shelf right now. A complete build with all top quality components if you bought everything new would cost you between 1000-1200, that's without batteries or props. I could build one for you for 1500 and can also get you batteries at a good price. The sprintcat requires special batteries that fit down in the sponsons, and you need to run 2 of them (6S 5000's) one in each sponson. Giant Power makes them, they call them Kitty sticks they were specifically designed for my sprintcat setup. You can find them at mojoracingproducts.com.

Oh and BTW Aeromarine makes my sprincats to my specs, I have them put shelves in the sponsons for the batteries to sit on so if some water gets in the boat they are not sitting on the bottom of the sponsons, and they are much easier to get in and out of the boat.

Thank you guys a bunch for the fast and reliable replies. I have a cheetah 4s full P so do two other guys in my club. We want to start a Q cat class for next season. One guy has a twin 6s Avenger 36” and it’s fast and I need to keep up with him. I’ll post a video of the twin at the bottom. Mike I have seen your cats kicking butt on video several times vary impressive. Troy and I was coming to a race at your club but it was washed out by a bad storm the night before. Troy speaks vary highly of you and your boats Mike. I’m going to use a old sprint Troy left here at my house. I have a bunch of question about this hull under electric power if you could help me that would be Great. I already have everything to build it but cat sticks. Mike do you mind if I get your number from Troy?

https://youtu.be/3_jO0QAbhHU

Customer build - Built with plenty of advice from my friends

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...ight=sprintcat
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Thanks Tony.

Hey I didn't realize you were Troys buddy, sent u a PM w my PH# no worries call whenever

Ask Mike how this one runs?

Twin 36" Avenger 6S2P 5000 Giant Power packs

78MPH on the GPS

Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Yea larry has got a screamer there, to his credit he has worked on that setup for a while and finally has it right, he crushed us at the Can Am!!! so much so that I am reconfiguring my Q into a Twin setup. When people say you could do this that or the other thing to make it faster, my reply is always "when they can beat me and its because of speed then I'll change my setup" Larry is the first to "force Me" to completely rethink my setup.

BTW thats me on the right larry in the middle and My good friend Tom Baffer Jr on the left.

Thank for the coddoes Mike
    It only took me two years to get it right.
    That extra 14 oz of weight made all the difference.

But I still have to back off a bit for the turns

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Cheetah will work for Q. I raced mine in 6s but it's not as stable as the Sprint in traffic. I could probably force it to work but why when the Sprint is so killer.

On 4s though, I'll take a Cheetah.
    Noisy person

Default 6s cat

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Ask Mike how this one runs?

Twin 36" Avenger 6S2P 5000 Giant Power packs

78MPH on the GPS

Larry
    fun running twin 4082 1600kv on 5s with that hull. runs nice with strut setting flat on table. nose comes up alittle at top speed.

I got the cat done Friday after talking with mike. I tested it out on the weekend. Here is a video thank you guys again for your help.

https://youtu.be/7fGRR3Avq9c

Running good.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Yes, the other good thing about running the aero sprint cats are the extra weight in construction helps alot for racing. turns very nice.

Mooooonnniiieee. This is your conscience speaking... Come to Fort Ritchie next weekend..... Your stuff runs great! Guarantee you'll have a blast!!

Hi to my old OSE buddies.. I've been out of the FE game for a few years now. I transitioned to gas because we ran FE mostly with the nitro boys and the competition just wasnt there. I'm really impressed how the FE boats continue to evolve. After watching Moonie's boats and other FE's at their clubs fun a few months back, I realize I miss it and I'm ready to get back into the game.
    Last edited by Chilli; 09-06-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Ronnie and I are going to signed up tonight Chilli.

Hey Chili how's it goin??? Long time. Where and when is the race next weekend????

You might check on the Terminator from AB Marine, Tony, makes a great hull! very stout and they handle well.

Seems to be a lot of cat experience here on this thread. I noticed in the 36" Avenger video above the rudder mounted directly to the transom and ahead of the props vs. using a more conventional deep setback rudder to position it behind the props longitudinally.
    What effects do these different locations have? Why bother with the long extensions if the rudder work fine at the transom and ahead of the props?

Hi Mike. We're racing in north, central Maryland (Cascade) next weekend, a stones throw from PA. Got 140 boats signed up. Lots of folks from the Rochester area coming down. Details on www.rcracingevents.com Would love to have you.

Moonie, Glad to hear it. Let me or Kent know if you need any help with class selection. Hope this hurricane doesnt screw us up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrods View Post
    You might check on the Terminator from AB Marine, Tony, makes a great hull! very stout and they handle well.
    Do you know the website?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Do you know the website?
    You will find him (Tony) on FB, Tony Belle

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Do you know the website?
    http://www.abmarine.co.nz/rcboats

The Terminator from AB Marine is a nice boat. I really like the tape friendly hatch. Did mine as a single, but probably better as a twin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    The Terminator from AB Marine is a nice boat. I really like the tape friendly hatch. Did mine as a single, but probably better as a twin.
    Vary nice!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast