Thread: Daytona/Genesis milled carbon fiber motor mounts for twin setup?

Default Daytona/Genesis milled carbon fiber motor mounts for twin setup?

Anybody have a pair, or know where I can get them, still?

78F1AFE0-AD61-49F6-9DCA-21FA44C2AD4F.jpgI just had a set of CF motor mounts done by tiqueman if your interested send him a pm

Is Scott still doing that? I was wondering about him the other day. I'll send him a PM.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lt130th View Post
    Is Scott still doing that? I was wondering about him the other day. I'll send him a PM.

Thanks.
    He is

I was gonna say that I have templates for one. Deck stringers too.

You have the aluminum shims for the stingers?!?! I'll take a pair if you're selling them, please. Or did you mean templates for the shims? I can make some if it comes to that, but if I can just find an original set of the ones Fightercat used to sell, it would make life easier.

Honestly, I'll be 3D printing the stinger shims if no one has some. That'll be so much easier than trying to cut them.

You have the aluminum shims for the stingers?!?! I'll take a pair if you're selling them, please. Or did you mean templates for the shims? I can make some if it comes to that, but if I can just find an original set of the ones Fightercat used to sell, it would make life easier.
    No I meant cardboard templates for the motor mounts and deck stringers I made(I made a brace from tunnel to deck in the nose).No go on stinger shims.

Aaah. Gotcha. Thanks for the offer. I have a process for all my boats that includes epoxy pours in the tip(s), and then a bow full of expanding foam. If I have to cut my own motor mounts, it's not a problem. It's more the mess and time that I'd like to avoid by finding a set already made. Did you finish your Daytona?

Aaah. Gotcha. Thanks for the offer. I have a process for all my boats that includes epoxy pours in the tip(s), and then a bow full of expanding foam. If I have to cut my own motor mounts, it's not a problem. It's more the mess and time that I'd like to avoid by finding a set already made. Did you finish your Daytona?
    Yes I did:

Nice! AquaMania scheme - one of the best looking, in my opinion. I was never really interested in the Daytona/Genesis. I had JLov's Fightercat Daytona, but only got as far as repairing & redoing all the interior carbon fiber before selling it. Then I bought a RTR HobbyKing Flowmaster twin, which is identical to the Daytona on the lower 50%. That hull was a lot of fun, but I sold it for other boats, too. It wasn't until TFL released the latest JBS Racing scheme, with the turbine stacks in the canopy, that I decided to build one, properly.
    Last edited by lt130th; 08-27-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    Whoa! I never would have thought to look there. Thanks for that info. I've contacted Scott (tiqueman), already about those, and I'm glad I did, because he said he's down to mill some custom carbon plates for some builds I have going, along with the Genesis motor mounts.