Thread: How much is a Venom King Of Shaves P1 worth?

Default How much is a Venom King Of Shaves P1 worth?

So how much is a Venom King Of Shaves P1 worth? I know they don't make them anymore and I love the scale looks. There is one for sale now but I don't want to overpay.

It depends. The 35in hull is worth varying amounts to different folks, but it also depends on the condition. My first one, I bought used for $275. I thought that was overpaying, but they are not easy to find. When they do pop up, the condition is always an issue because the paint will spider-web crack, easily. In fair condition (6 out of 10) I would expect to pay around $230-$250. $300 or more for good condition (8 out of 10). Up to $400 for mint (10 out of 10). I think, if you pay less than these general levels you're probably getting a good deal. Just have to carefully inspect the hull for cracks, even on a brand new one.

Now, if you've found one of the 56in gas hulls in amazing shape, please let me know. Those are practically worth their weight in gold because they are even more rare.
    Last edited by lt130th; 09-06-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Thank you for the info! I had know idea about the paint issue. The one I saw for sale sold for $380 plus shipping, it had the original box and said it was only used once. I guess I should have picked that up. I saw one of those 56in gas ones at the local hobby shop I think around 2012-2013ish? You are right that beast is beautiful! I got king of shaves saved in my ebay searches will let you know if something pops up.

That's basically the same as the one I just listed in the sale forum, here on OSE. My old one already had some spider-web cracks in the paint when I got it, so I gutted the hull, gave it a full carbon fiber inlay and all carbon internals. I split the rudder from the stinger and mounted it, offset on the transom, to run larger prop's. I eventually sold it. This one I only recently found, and if no one buys it, I'll probably just stick it on a shelf in my office to safely collect dust, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by lt130th View Post
    That's basically the same as the one I just listed in the sale forum, here on OSE. My old one already had some spider-web cracks in the paint when I got it, so I gutted the hull, gave it a full carbon fiber inlay and all carbon internals. I split the rudder from the stinger and mounted it, offset on the transom, to run larger prop's. I eventually sold it. This one I only recently found, and if no one buys it, I'll probably just stick it on a shelf in my office to safely collect dust, LOL.
    Just saw your trade post I will take it.