Thread: Swordfish X+ 200A Current Limit Function

Default Swordfish X+ 200A Current Limit Function

Looking for some info... Just put a new, SW X+200A W/Datalogging in my hydro. All is good, connect and program wise. It does have a Current Limit section with 4 options, Low, Med, High and Disabled. Does anybody have any info on what the current limit values are for these three options? I’ve looked all over the net, and SW’s Manual, as usual, really sucks, leaving out completely a description of this option broken down with more detail.

These newer ESC’s have a Free Wheeling option. I highly recommend you use that. Good to see that option come to a boat ESC! It helps to significantly reduce the heat buildup of the ESC under partial throttle.

Free wheeling, nice. The YGE guys have that. As far as current limit, as I recall Hifei doesn’t state a lot of headroom. I think my 300 lites are rated for 350 burst. It would be nice if they would give a timeline for said burst, I have seen some advertise five seconds but no5 all

Yeah, guess I’m just going to have to experiment... If it works good, some current protection ain’t a bad idea!

Here’s this new ESC prepped and ready to go! I incorporate the ESC and Cap Bank onto the fiberglass ESC Mount plate. The bottom side shows the copper rails, made from 2 pieces of 0.063” copper plate, soldered together to make it 0.125” thick. Three caps is overkill for this 8s boat, but I was going to run it on 4s too, but gave that up. On 8s, the DF34 hydro is pulling 85A average and a bit over 100A digging off the corner. I back off about 10-20% just breaking into the corner and nail it at the apex. Works good on rougher water.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks great

Check the KingKong III Pro esc...Has the same menu and explain more
    https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/6bc56...c9ed88e421.pdf