Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conversion advice

Default Conversion advice

Video on post #109
    Updated Video with Ammo 2600 motor

I have gotten a Pro Boat 1/12 Miss Bud (Flex Shaft Hull) I plan on converting it to Electric. Is there any advice or wisdom to share? I don't want to suffer mistakes that will cost the project more $$ than necessary.

Thanks.

Last edited by Diegoboy; 01-08-2009 at 07:41 AM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Not much room to work in that hull. I can't offer much help with out hull dimentions and weight.

im currently doing a conversion...these proboat hulls are very badly built and if you have the one with the solid shaft and not the flex, get rid of that and get a strut meant for a flex....
    saleens7, the wookie of rc boating

It's the Flex Shaft hull. I'm trying to get the hull weight. I don't have a scale, and all the weights posted on the internet are for the RTR, not the hull.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Here's another pic.

Here's some rough dimensions on the inside.

I have been told that it's possible and not that difficult. I just can't see where there would be room for everything, especially the batteries.

I did the same mod to a Miss Llumar , used a SV 27 motor package from OE and am running on 2 six cell packs, theres not much room , but it can be done !
    I'll attach some photos tonight when I get home .

By the way , its as fast as my SV 27.

Where did you place the batteries? Did you have to cut the wood that closes off the sponsons?

I'm begining to wonder if I will have to cut the wood out...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would cut it out.

I run one pack in the front, and one over the radio box cover. When the hatch is taped, the velcro holds it securly and the removable cowling fits right over it. Just make sure to waterproof you battery packs. I use a hot glue gun to seal them, works really well .I'll attach some photos later tonight .

Thank you so much Doby. I was begining to feel like this was a hopless cause, because everyone seems to avoid this thread like the plague.

No problem , I just finished dinner, I'll grab my camera and snap a few shots!

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    I would cut it out.
    I have seen people post pics of the miss bud and they have replaced the water outlet with a nice aluminum one. I can't see how in the world they did that without being able to access the inside to set the nut on it. It must be open on other miss bud hulls.

or it was a jb weld job or something..
    restoring the collection

Got some shots, Now if only I can figure out how to post them !

Here's a pic of the inside of a converted Miss bud. The hull llooks different from mine. I wonder if it's the straight shaft hull?

You can see that the wooden wall or barrier as I like to call it is clearly missing.

Click Reply, then Click "Manage Attachments" at the bottom of the reply to thread page.

Where is the "manage attachments", when I clik on the "insert image" icon I apparently have to have the pics posted elsewhere to link to them , I was hoping I could upload them from my hard drive.

It's Here... On the Reply Page...

Got it, I was using the "quick reply"
    Now I just have to figure out how to re-size the photos, could be a while,,sorry

At the bottom of the thread, click the button on the lower left corner that says "Post Reply"
    Then scroll down th the "Manage Attachments" Button near the bottom.

That's where it is for me. :)

Take your time. I am just thankful to get some advice on this project! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Got it, I was using the "quick reply"
    Now I just have to figure out how to re-size the photos, could be a while,,sorry

Here They Are , I'll send more in a minute:)

Here are the rest, hope they help, any questions , please ask:)

Thank you so much! Please take your time. I'd like to see some without the batteries now. Just to see the whole setup. I just bought the Supervee powerplant from Avengersteve today. I plan on using it for this project. So it's as fast as the SV27? Cool! :D

Ahh...
    Motor mount, please tell me about that guy!

I'll snap some more in a minute.
    Its as fast as my SV-27 using the stock ProBoat hardware ,,prop etc,,I plan to experiment with the props in the next few weeks, it shoud surpass the SV eventually .

You're the best Doby!:)

Here are more

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast