Thread: WHY is MTC so popular

Default WHY is MTC so popular

Im building a 59" sv43. My question is are there no good quality "made in the USA" drives out there. I feel like all I see is MTC or other drives made across the pond. why and or what would you use? I have several weeks before my boat will arrive so i have time and if i need to order from Europe then i will but i like to know. this is my first real build so I'm trying to build the best boat possible.

I’m sure this will all change in time with Mr. Trump but for the time being I would say it is a supply in demand thing. There are many more small scale hobbyists in Europe as room is tight and racing full size stuff takes room,added time, and money. All these thing are in less supply than here in North America.
    This is my belief anyway, Shawn

MTC wanted 150 Euro just for shipping two stingers and a rudder...forget that.

Just checked shipping and was 20 Euro to California for same 2 stingers and a rudder. I am kinda shocked it's so low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodrvr View Post
    MTC wanted 150 Euro just for shipping two stingers and a rudder...forget that.
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wow only 20?!! Maybe I should shoot them an email just to confirm the price I had.

Ordered on the 24th, paid 25.21 EUR shipping and 6 days later this was at my door. I really with they had the trim tabs in stock. Now I just need a boat lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightynova63 View Post
    Ordered on the 24th, paid 25.21 EUR shipping and 6 days later this was at my door. I really with they had the trim tabs in stock. Now I just need a boat lol.

Question: how are you able to service the flex shafts once they're glued into the captured shafts in the stingers?

No problem with the flexshaft Prodrvr.

MHZ have a large choice + other models.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    No problem with the flexshaft Prodrvr.

MHZ have a large choice + other models.
    It's my understanding that the flex shaft is glued to the steel shaft. The steel shaft is captured inside the stinger. Does the stinger come apart without screwing with the angle so you can service the flex shaft?

The steel shaft is not captured in the stinger. So service is same as normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodrvr View Post
    It's my understanding that the flex shaft is glued to the steel shaft. The steel shaft is captured inside the stinger. Does the stinger come apart without screwing with the angle so you can service the flex shaft?

Ahh sweet!! Thank you!!

A330C9C9-B3A3-4046-B295-5274DE20E8F6.jpgJust received my set of stingers. I also ordered an extra shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by royalcasa View Post
    A330C9C9-B3A3-4046-B295-5274DE20E8F6.jpgJust received my set of stingers. I also ordered an extra shaft.
    Who make those. Maybe a few more pics?

D4A12136-3628-4B6A-A341-D12252CA7E16.jpgMTC but last time I looked the web site was down got them from MHZ I’ll get more pic to you 5C2133EB-2C74-468B-8CA3-61581AF1BD20.jpg

Nice!