Thread: Battery Help

Default Battery Help

Hey everyone, I need some help deciding on what lipos/size I should get. I have a Proboat Impulse 31 with a Dynamite 2000kv motor and a Dynamite 120a esc. I plan on racing it in the future in a limited class. Right now im running 2 2s batteries in series and plan on keeping it that way if I can. What im wondering is what size mah I should get? Right now Im running Power Hobby 2s 5200mah lipos and they suck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've had good luck with the Roaring Top batteries... These might work for you...

https://www.roaringtopusa.com/70c-55...is-70c-5500-2s

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    I've had good luck with the Roaring Top batteries... These might work for you...

https://www.roaringtopusa.com/70c-55...is-70c-5500-2s
    I was looking into getting the 2s 5100mah 80c lipos. Decent price also. But still not sure if 2 of those batteries wired in series will give me enough run time for a race? Im new to all of this so Im still trying to figure everything out. Thanks for the reply.

wouldn,t you be better off setting up 2 x 4s packs in parallel such as 2 x 5000 mah -50c- 4s giving you 4s - 10000mah.

Quote Originally Posted by Twalter91 View Post
    I was looking into getting the 2s 5100mah 80c lipos. Decent price also. But still not sure if 2 of those batteries wired in series will give me enough run time for a race? Im new to all of this so Im still trying to figure everything out. Thanks for the reply.
    Yes assuming your boat is propped reasonably and your running a sprint race (6 laps) either of those batteries will work. I recommended the 5500's because of the following;

* they are slightly cheaper
    * they have slightly more capacity
    * you likely won't see a difference in the 70c vs. 80c

I didn't compare physical sizes so one may be a better fit than the other.

However, if you intend on running in the Offshore classes you will need to prop down and have more capacity total. In that case you would need to run 4S2P. At that point I would suggest 2 4S packs with 3300mah as a min.

Where are you located in MI? There is an FE club that runs at 23mile and Vandyke (Utica).

Quote Originally Posted by rol243 View Post
    wouldn,t you be better off setting up 2 x 4s packs in parallel such as 2 x 5000 mah -50c- 4s giving you 4s - 10000mah.
    While I always run with a nice safety margin, 10000mah would be way more than necessary with his motor/controller combo. Not to mention there would be a significant weight penalty with 2 4S 5000's.

Later,
    Ball

Im near Lansing. I heard of the Mmeu club. Plan on checking it out soon.