Thread: Back in the game

Default Back in the game

How’s it going. I’ve been out of the r/c boating since about 2007. Sold the last of my gas boats. Last week I went to the local hobby shop just to see what’s new and exciting so to speak and well I walked out with a BL 24 and a couple lectron pro 11.1 5200 50c batteries. I went through the entire boat making sure everything was right and tight and greased the flex shaft. Took her out the following day and I must say I was really impressed by her speed and handling. I’ve always had mono hulls/deep vee this is my first cat. Well I’m glad to be back in the boat as I’ve forgotten how much fun it is. Btw anyone in SoCal Orange County ?

Welcome back to the hobby...ALOT has changed since 07..!! You're gonna like it..!!

C'mon down to Legg Lake (South ElMonte) this Sunday ( 8/26 8:00 am to mid afternoon) for the Legg Lake Model Boat Club Scale race. Meet some FE nuts & enjoy

https://www.google.com/maps/place/31...4d-118.0654217
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Hey properchopper thanks for the invite. I have plans with the Mrs. Hit me up next time I will come out. When I was running my shockwave55 years ago I was a member of Namba and had a key to that place. Really nice and not to far from me as I’m in Yorba Linda. I’m prob going to be heading to tri city park early tomorrow for a few hours. I gotta get my fix in.

So when I got home from work I headed to the lake. I ran 4 batteries through the boat with absolutely no problems. My question is I’m seeing temps at the back of the motor of 130-135 and at the water jacket at 127. The ESC is about 130 also and the batteries where all about 124 or so each. Is this about normal for brushless stuff ? She does fly and I was thinking about slightly adjusting the strut just to get her riding a little more on the rear.

My buddy filming with his Mavic Pro today.
    https://youtu.be/InQQPaTq_OQ

sounds like she is running rather warm to me. is the prop the correct size ? how long are you running the pack ?

She’s all stock with the stock prop. I’m running it hard between full and 80% throttle and the batteries go into low voltage shutdown. It’s probobly to long but when your ripping around it’s really fun. She hasn’t gone above those temps.

Well sad to say I’m going to be selling my black jack and extra parts and 3s lipos. With my current work schedule I just don’t have the time. She is in perfect shape with the box and everything it came with. If anyone is local to Yorba Linda area and interested I will let everything go for 400. I would rather see someone have good use than letting it sit. I know this isn’t the place to post stuff for sale.

Still have the boat. I actually have tomorrow off. Anyone going to run tomorrow in socal area. Thinking of heading to tri city in the am