Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyosho Majesty 800S

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kyosho Majesty 800S

Luxury style cruiser , fishing boat.
    yes one is being ups'd as of the 10th.
    i noticed there was dual 550 Brushed motors at transom, single prop drive i believe it's geared. Any one familiar with this set up?
    i probably will make it with one motor and or dual drive prop. won't know until it arrives.
    i like the idea of the wood plank insets makes it look rich and more defined, i have plenty of Mahogany planks left over from the CC build. this will be my second scale build. the Thunder Tiger Atlantic is nice and the port holes being real not stickers and you can purchase an optional fishing cockpit , but the build aspect launched me forward to purchase the 800S. i know the 800 has railings and i like the details of that model, so i've been looking into scale boat parts and found Harbormodels.com does any one know of other places that have cleats and railings that i've missed on the web? what scale would this be considered? it's 33" long i have a scale for my trains but need to learn to convert the formula into larger sizes, yes i'am going to try the Calc. convert page but maybe they'll be wrong with my input figures Ha!
    i'd be much obliged
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-13-2018 at 12:39 PM. Reason: because my questions will never cease Ha!

I just purchased the 800 model. Do you know what are the differences between the 800 and 800S? I think the 800S actually has one single motor. Maybe that's what the S stands for. I wonder if other than that and the railings there are anymore differences.
    I'm also thinking of adding wood plank simulation, I found this photo on another forum and would really like to add this effect.

Pn37202.jpg
    Pn37203.jpg

same boat, just as you mentioned above. the hatch you do not need a screwdriver on the S model. the S is just a newer version they even have a gas version S W / GT 16 41505. mine should be here shortly then i'll know more. brush-less for ease for me and yes that wood deck is a must.
    cut, trim, fit, sand, tape under side with Scotch tape, test for fitment, remove, put on wax paper use #2 oz fiber glass cloth on top and any 2 part epoxy i use West Systems is crystal clear, cover entire piece(s) let dry, trim glass edges, wet sand and one thin skim coat dry and or just use a matte finish sealer. i do not want mine to swell and crack and do not want to use teak oil too much maintenance, had out door teak furniture once.
    there are several glues to fit things to ABS so watch for that specific application (there's a lot of info just on that) i think i'll tack it with a compatible CA glue with a spread of an ABS/plastic 2 part epoxy there is a few. we can post info here i assume.
    as of a build thread i believe it goes else where here at OSE.
    So greatest of fun to you beetleman during your build.
    i have had my eye on a few of the Dumas kits and that TT Atlantic for awhile despite the ABS Hull i have always since i was young had a heart for Kyosho i own quite a few vehicles of there's and always enjoyed their models.
    ps i think the fly bridge seating and a couple of other details are slightly different.
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-14-2018 at 11:08 PM. Reason: i'm an editor Ha!

Hey that is a move looking yacht

Got mine yesterday. The non-S model. It has 2 motors geared into 1 prop. The battery required is 8.4V, so I guess the older model was stronger/faster than the newer.

Mine is missing the manual, and I can't find it online anywhere. Can anyone help with that please? I'd settle for anything - a manual, a scan of one, anything that can help me build this thing.

I'm also missing the rear lower deck (circled in attached photo). Would love to buy one if anyone has a spare.

s-l1600 (1).jpg
    Last edited by beetleman; 08-16-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Hooray! good, now when mine comes in i'll make copies and send them to you of the manual (should be similar), i looked on the web and Kyosho Support does not show your model or mine but the gas version and that's the same type boat but no manual for that either. I'm still looking as i'm typn' this. Good luck on that deck, if you're crafty maybe you can fashion one up? i'll keep a look out for one, i have a small book of "Hard to find list, that all started when i melted a Tamiya transmission on my Avante 2011
    some times speed kills HA!
    Yes i saw a pic of how the motor and geared trani set up was, i'll be going straight shaft if possible. does it look like a brass tube can fit and be used? should be able to.
    well you have fun, chat soon, Chips Ahoy! Oh how i love cookies.
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-16-2018 at 12:28 PM. Reason: i'm an editor Ha!

look what i just found, HA! i can make rudders, cost more for shipping than the darn thing
    http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/RudderM...0S_p_8475.html
    i think i'll put Kyosho on the waiting list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_4JSu3Ey1Q
    check out the serrated knife tips for turn fins, what ever helps turn your boat he's ready to fillet fish on the go
    or this TFL with Babes included
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcIkqmgTAvI
    https://www.rcgenesis.net/elactric-rc-boat-with-artr
    still haven't come across any other parts or manuals
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-16-2018 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Editing 1-2-3 test, this is only a test

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwet View Post
    Hooray! good, now when mine comes in i'll make copies and send them to you of the manual (should be similar)
    That would be awesome! Thank you! Will you be able to scan the pages and email them to me?

Our boats seem to be Transformers in disguise
    https://www.amazon.com/Majesty-800S-.../dp/B0041ITFVC
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-16-2018 at 12:52 PM. Reason: pics weren't showing at first

as soon as it arrives i'll PM you and fire up my HP's and put the readn' glasses on and crack knuckles and start sendn'.
    here's something i may use, if it's adaptable.
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...rod=tfl-b42515
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-16-2018 at 05:25 PM. Reason: yeah, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwet View Post
    Luxury style cruiser , fishing boat.
    yes one is being ups'd as of the 10th.
    i noticed there was dual 550 Brushed motors at transom, single prop drive i believe it's geared. Any one familiar with this set up?
    i probably will make it with one motor and or dual drive prop. won't know until it arrives.
    i like the idea of the wood plank insets makes it look rich and more defined, i have plenty of Mahogany planks left over from the CC build. this will be my second scale build. the Thunder Tiger Atlantic is nice and the port holes being real not stickers and you can purchase an optional fishing cockpit , but the build aspect launched me forward to purchase the 800S. i know the 800 has railings and i like the details of that model, so i've been looking into scale boat parts and found Harbormodels.com does any one know of other places that have cleats and railings that i've missed on the web? what scale would this be considered? it's 33" long i have a scale for my trains but need to learn to convert the formula into larger sizes, yes i'am going to try the Calc. convert page but maybe they'll be wrong with my input figures Ha!
    i'd be much obliged
    my eyes are bad or brain cells are older than i look, i just saw another pic of the KM800S it's a double motor into single output geared transmission and not at the transom. if this fits https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...rod=tfl-b42515 and looks to scale i'd love to put this on.
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-17-2018 at 10:03 PM.

ok it's here today, some pics in a bit.
    just ordered from OSE, trimming tabs and tfl-b42515 TFL P1 Drive System with 2960 Motor In Titanium Aluminum color ( being this uses the same motor as the TFL F1 Drive system that's coming with my EMEC and the spare i acquired on The "E" i'll have a spare motor).
    i want to post pics as i move along but not sure if it goes here or where? for now i'll post here or until they move this, i reckon.
    hey beetleman that rear hatch is that thin "Teariable" rip type plastic material, not like the rest of the craft. it should take planking ok, i will FG the bottom for strength and the edges i'll skim coat with CA glue. the hull is ok there's some blemishes, i'll be painting.

Alright let's start;
    A box, how nice. i have never been without cardboard. Ever.
    SDC10560.jpg
    well yes i agree that's boring.
    SDC10565.jpg
    see those, they're gone
    SDC10573.jpg
    look at the rudder it's shorter than my pinky and no wider.
    "I can't seem to stay clear of land" i guess it turns the boat? i'll never know, the rudder is history.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-21-2018 at 09:01 PM.

a wee scratch.
    SDC10570.jpg
    She has dimples (: each side had one, i repaired already, fly bridge covers it anyway.
    SDC10572.jpg
    Top Piece: Aluminum clad over FRP.
    BTM: FRP only.
    the ACF was too stiff to conform to transom's contour. my home made adhesive laminates FRP to Aluminum as if it were infused.
    SDC10581.jpg
    PS if you click on pics they get bigger.

just want to mention Kyosho America sent me PDF's for the 800 and 800S models,
    if you have any style vehicle contact them and they'll send it to your email,
    so i have to Thank Derek Furutani from Kyosho.
    i shot the plea to them Sat. responded Mon. 9:55 AM.
    I was thankful.
    yes mine did have a manual when boat arrived today, really not much to this boat ,but nice to have.
    beetleman did not have one with his so i had to try. i wasn't 100% sure myself, i read there was one in the Desription but the photos did not reveal any.
    i won't say it was a deal but appears to have all the pieces and three 550 motors included.
    The P1 is going to set this wake maker off.
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-21-2018 at 02:14 AM. Reason: always adding info ok?

Szia! Seg?ts?get szeretn?k k?rni a Majesty 800S k?zik?nyv?ben. Sajnos az eur?pai kyosho nem tud seg?teni, mert r?gi a modell ?s azt ?rt?k, hogy nincs. Rem?lem tudtok seg?teni itt a f?rumon. Előre is k?sz?n?m a seg?ts?get!
    ?dv?zlettel: Mih?ly!

This is what i had translated, to read your message.

Hi! I would like to ask for help with the Majesty 800S manual. Unfortunately, the European kyosho can't help, because the model is old and I understand that it doesn't exist. I hope you can help me here on the forum. Thank you in advance for your help!
    with love: Mih?ly!

Hello Misi,
    i can help you, what do you need to know?
    as you see i modified this RC Model quite a bit, i know her quite well, so ask away.

I usually start in amateur competitions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AEpAuwXkMc
    just makes me want to brake out the Action Figures!
    i've seen the other vids of this one and thus the search started, for my build.
    These modelers i can only try to emulate. and some of you here are also.
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6imz02
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-21-2018 at 03:03 AM.

Nice boat sir. I also thought about painting mine as it has yellowed a bit over the years, but decided not to. Had it been a shelf model, definitely yes. But since this is going to be a work horse, I'd constantly have to worry about the paint, which will chip peel and crack, leaving a mess of a boat. I'll just live with the yellowing, which adds character and shows the boat's true age.

Here are some pics of mine.

maj.jpg
    maj1.jpg
    maj2.jpg
    maj3.jpg
    maj4.jpg

Cool, well we will be basically buildn' the same boat, i just fell for the ones on the videos and i'll try to find detail parts, i can scratch build just about any thing and that i thank to my Trains.

only did a little bit this evening, color thoughts and schemes, minor sanding, and a tad bit of last minute parts list.
    Thanks again to Steve V. he sure gets his clients shipments out PDQ!

I just had a thought about converting mine to GP. I contacted Kyosho America to see if they have that version's manual.

Quote Originally Posted by beetleman View Post
    I just had a thought about converting mine to GP. I contacted Kyosho America to see if they have that version's manual.
    Why?

double post
    oppsy poopsy
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-25-2018 at 02:37 AM. Reason: didn't you read it "Oppsy Poopsy"

Maje is going quite well for an ABS.

Lil' Rough? a tad.
    SDC10584.jpg
    Hmm, Awe yes! this is where my special formulated attack compound comes into play with out harm to ABS. SPFA
    SDC10588.jpg
    a spread of this
    SDC10592.jpg
    a skim of that
    SDC10593.jpg
    rear deck hatch reinforced.
    SDC10591.jpg
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-26-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Thanx Reynolds
    SDC10594.jpg
    2oz. FG over Mahogony, 1st coat West Systems.
    SDC10595.jpg
    Fly Bridge, before shot
    SDC10586.jpg
    It stands by me
    SDC10597.jpg
    Way To Go! Soller Composites LLC.
    SDC10598.jpg
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-25-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Lay it down
    SDC10616.jpg
    ready for hardware, running gear and electronics
    SDC10608.jpg
    No it's not going into the washing machine
    SDC10615.jpg
    Top side
    SDC10617.jpg
    once again Ooooo! Awe! Ha!
    seriously the middle cross beam bar and front hatch opening was a nuisance but doable, i could barely get my hand in the front hatch when needed.
    Last edited by Stillwet; 08-26-2018 at 06:46 PM. Reason: yes, again

Alum. "L" brackets had to stay, perhaps they'll have a future purpose? stay tuned.
    SDC10605.jpg
    Remember us? It's Roughy & Holee
    SDC10601.jpg
    SDC10607.jpg
    Colored Carbon Fiber/Fiber Glass
    SDC10604.jpg
    SDC10614.jpg
    Ooooo! Awe!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast