Thread: 1988 Miller High Life

Default 1988 Miller High Life

Just finished my modified Dumas kit. Boat has a HET 700-98 935KV motor, Speedmaster Hardware, and a Swordfish 240A ESC.
    Last edited by Cottageboater; 11-26-2019 at 07:40 PM.

That's Rad, how long is this boat? i assume the rear metal tube was meant for exhaust if you kept it gas (nitro)?
    i like the original Miller label as you did. Sometimes these Co. go off on their logo's and try to modernize them and ruin what we all came to know and love. Like Football uniforms starting to look like somethn' out of Star Troopers i can't stand modern where it doesn't belong. Ford Mustang or Chevy Camaro ring any bells?. they always try to bring something old back and ruin it. that's my opinion.
    Champagne of beers!
    when does it go floating fast?

Thanks. The boat is 43” long and the exhaust tube is where you would route the tuned pipe if nitro. I hope to test it in a few weeks.

Love the scale boats. You did a great job on that build. Nice work. It looks great! Thanks for sharing.
    Mitch Dillard
    1:10 Scale Hydroplane Enthusiast
    hydroscalecreations.us, email:hydroscale@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwet View Post
    Sometimes these Co. go off on their logo's and try to modernize them and ruin what we all came to know and love. Like Football uniforms starting to look like somethn' out of Star Troopers i can't stand modern where it doesn't belong. Ford Mustang or Chevy Camaro ring any bells?. they always try to bring something old back and ruin it. that's my opinion
    Ford and Chevy didn't do it right. However, you can't deny that the new Dodge Challengers are spot on bad ass!! The Challenger Demon is the pinnacle of muscle. That thing screams modern day muscle car compared to the others...and I was born a Chevy guy lol.

Thanks Mitch. I appreciate the kind words.

Beautiful build!! I love scale boats! Don't know if I want to build a scale hydro or v hull for my next boat. "If you got the time we got the beer" I have been known to drink the High Life occasionally, lol.

that thing looks ace man!
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by Cottageboater View Post
    Just finished my modified Dumas kit. Boat has a HET 700-98 935KV motor, Speedmaster Hardware, and a Swordfish 240A ESC.
    Love that paint job! I complimented another members boat in his thread looking for sponsor decals. Went on to say that I wish I had the skill sets to do that type of work.

I think one of these.. https://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boat...nder/index.php - upgraded to brushless would make a neat pond rocket. BUT, the complete lack of engine & driver detail really turns me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodrvr View Post
    Ford and Chevy didn't do it right. However, you can't deny that the new Dodge Challengers are spot on bad ass!! The Challenger Demon is the pinnacle of muscle. That thing screams modern day muscle car compared to the others...and I was born a Chevy guy lol.
    Actually, Ford got it right with the 2006~2007 Mustangs. Those had the styling queues from the late 70's & looked really nice. Then they changed over to those ridiculous looking slope nose rounded body models that looked like a kindergartners' failed art project & it's been all down hill since.

The "new" Camaro's looked s**t from the get go & have only got worse. Not real keen on the Chrysler offerings either. But gotta hand it to them, the Hellcat's Hemi engine is one serious bad a$$ mofo. Leno love's his Hemi's; old & new.
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast
    Pro Boat SW26v3 - 2860-2600kv + Seaking(V2) 90A on 3S, Build in Progress
    Pro Boat Stealthwake 23 - Stock For Now - Brushless Down The Road