Thread: Feeler thread- FE 1/10 scale unlimited hydro class in IMPBA

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Feeler thread- FE 1/10 scale unlimited hydro class in IMPBA

Ok so I gotta admit the 1/10th scale FE class running in NAMBA has me intrigued. Some things I like- they are based on 4S power which keeps it affordable so people could run "the pretty boats" without spending a couple grand to do so. There are already kits readily available (ML Boatworks has almost 30 different kits and can do more) and ABS cowls as well. Things I'm on the fence about- P limited power choices but I'm leaning more in favor of it as again it keeps costs down and obviously not a records eligible class if it catches on nationally. Things I don't like- running counterclockwise. Yeah I get it the real boats run that way but we don't run 1/8 that way and everything else goes clockwise. No curved turn fins, personally I like the idea of better handling boats.

So.........

I'd like some POSITIVE and CONSTRUCTIVE input from IMPBA folks who might want to try this out and NAMBA racers who already run it and what they like about it. Ideas and thoughts are welcome BUT if there are any "pissin' and moanin" posts I'll ask mods to remove them immediately. I think we could try this on a district/local level and I'd have no issues with writing a set of rules.

So let's hear some thoughts and feedback.
    Last edited by don ferrette; 08-10-2018 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -