Thread: Two TP 4050 Motors 2310 Kv but are they the same ??

Question Two TP 4050 Motors 2310 Kv but are they the same ??

Looking for two identical motors to put into a Cheetah hull. I have these two in hand but one has black end caps and the other has the brassy looking
    end caps. The one with the brassy look is perhaps an eighth of an inch longer. Would these be different versions of the same thing and can i trust the
    two of them to work equally in the twin Cheetah?

Going to run 4s - to each motor - I am thinking 200 amp ESC s needed. Any thoughts on that appreciated also.

Thanks for any help!!

The black one is the previous version now they are brassy......they also changed in lenght but you have nothing to worry about if the label is the same.Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Personally I would sell the older one and get a new matching one.
    Team Liquid Dash

Thank you both for you help here - i was thinking that I should get another new TP to match new one as the old one would have to be yanked out of a running boat and I hate top do that anyway.
    Or buy two of them at perhaps 1950 or 2000 Kv - That 2310 Kv has always been a warm/hot runner with our Florida water temps up around 88-90 degrees.

Again thank you both! Mike

Mike,

Are you using the TP cooling can on the hot running motor?

If so, I would look at getting a different can for it. That TP can does not have much volume in it for the water, and the inlet/outlet nipples have itty bitty tiny holes in them that restrict the flow a lot. Get a can with more volume between the motor and can, and put some big nipples in it and NOT 90 degree ones (I use 6mm nipples). I also use 9/32 "extra large" silicone from OSE on everything I run now.

Don-

I do use the TP cans but I take off the nipples and drill out the holes in the inner screw and file it all clean - then I make a directional mark on top of the hex area with a thin wheel so I can see where the holes are when I put it back together.
    When I put it back on the can I can line up the holes with the outflow and inflow tubes. That has been working well with some really big motors and esc's giving me excellent flow. I put both of my water outlets on top of the my hulls
    so I can see the water coming out and if I have a 4 to 6 inch stream at speed out of both I know its all good ..................I sent TP an email and they came back saying the two motors are identical except for looks so I think I am good to go!!

Thanks for your reply !! Mike

Personally I would give the older one to Alfa Spirit and get a new matching one. Two Seaking 120A shoul do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP323 View Post
    I do use the TP cans but I take off the nipples and drill out the holes in the inner screw and file it all clean - then I make a directional mark on top of the hex area with a thin wheel so I can see where the holes are when I put it back together. When I put it back on the can I can line up the holes with the outflow and inflow tubes.
    You lost me...

I will be running this same motors on my twin Cheetah. I upgraded to larger cooling cans from OSE. I got the ones for the TP 4060 motors

The boat has been running well for the four times I have run it and the electrics are staying OK around 130 on the highest readings with Octura X447 props. I used the same cans for the 4060 motors.
    I have not yet tried to race it yet but think I will wait for our Florida water temps to drop a little. Its a fun boat to run with no tendency to hook at all even without racing it.

Sorry bout that Mike - if I knew how to put pix in here it would be a lot easier to explain. If you unscrew the entire brass water fitting you can then take out the center screw that allows the water flow. You would see that these have a pinhole for flow only. Carefully drilling this larger can only help and then lining up the enlarged hole with the outflow (or inflow) pipe should also help. You need to mark this before putting the center screw back in because you cant see it once its back together. You can adjust for max flow by putting a flow of air thru the fitting and turning the hex head screw for max flow by either feel or ear. Make sure you put the little rubber rings back in the right locations on reassembly.

Hope this helps - Good luck

ALFA S. - WHAT ??? GIVE??? I wound up buying two new ones anyway - TP4050 2100Kv and on ESC's I usually go big anyway and did so with two ZTW Seal 200 amp units - probably overkill but they have stayed
    nice and cool so far and were a snap to program. It cant hurt to ask though.........