Thread: Spartan torque roll

Default Spartan torque roll

Just picked up a spartan. Running 5200mah 3c 50s Batterys the thing almost rolls over when I peg it. Any help pleas

use the stock prop .sounds like too big a prop
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

I am using stock prop 5200 50c 3s Batterys for 6s

hmm.....i never hammer mine out the gate so i guess i never experienced that .i will change my suggestion to "slow down" ...lol.seriously though ,probably nothing you can do but ease into the throttle .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Ease in ,,, I didn’t buy a tug boat
    Even when your on plane & ease int “full throttle “ it rolls over like 30*
    Very squirrely it is

A dull prop will also make torque roll worse
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

you could get adjustable trim tabs and run the one side down lower to control the roll on that side .i have had mine up over 50mph and honestly dont notice it that much .you wont find much talk about the spartan over here .i would suggest rcgroups spartan thread
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-owners-thread

Just as fweasel mentioned a dull prop could exacerbate the torque roll. Also, any play with your rudder and is the hardware stock? Bad/weak servo? As for your batteries they are fine but battery placement could also add or increase to the problem

A dull prop huh,,,
    How do you sharpen a plastic prop,,,
    It’s not
    Chipped. But it did come with the boat
    Used
    I will
    Try a new one
    Oh ya Batterys are in one off full forward
    The boat wasn’t staying in the water otherwisew

You need to have the cg @ around 30-32% forward from the transom, also is the strut set neutral to the hull bottom or is their some positive angle which will lift the bow & boat out of the water. If the bow is coming up to high & everything else is trimmed right add a bit of negative angle to the strut.

Start out by adjusting the strut angle 2 degrees negative[that will be lower than the hull]. Trim tabs just below bottom of hull and make sure you have a 5 to 6mm gap between the drive dog and strut. The plastic prop will be fine for now but a good replacement is the octura x442. Limit your run times to 3 minutes to start with and keep check of the temps with a temp gun. You can get longer run times but you will need to work for it on the Spartan. Don't forget to grease the flex cable every 2 to 3 runs.

This all I have done prior to the original post
    Less try a new “plastic prop” cus that’s what I have. Charging Batterys as I’m typing this. Let ya know how i make out

Would the strut height have anything to do with this
    I have it set to push the bow down
    Cus the first time I ran it I couldn’t keep it in the water & it was wicked squirrelly

Don’t know if this will help but when I ran a stock cnc 442 aluminum prop I would get torque roll. I switch to a octura x442 that I sharpend and balanced and the roll disappeared. So in my case it seemed the lighter aluminum prop caused the roll