Thread: II dual Outboard motors

Default II dual Outboard motors

what would be the most appropriate (desired )hull to do a dual, tandem, twin Outboard Motor(s) build?
    i've seen a few on here and was getting an idea of what type of hull and size would be preferable CAT, DEEP V or something else.
    I'd appreciate any ideas or product info.

Just about any cat or mono the right size will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmen77 View Post
    Just about any cat or mono the right size will work.
    i plan on building at least a 48" something open cockpit/bow is what i may have to form if i can not find a pre- molded one.

do a site search for "MadProps"..........he's posted some pics of his builds.....nice

Here one I like https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rC68ezcGeH0

I just bought a 48 inch PI cat . I wanted it for the motor. I just took a look and the transom is nice and flat and wide enough it be perfect with a pair of merc outboards on her. As for the drilled hole in transom I got some nice flat carbon fiber plate I bought and I would just slab on one solid plat over the whole area . Bingo no need to paint and looks cool with outboards mounted on it.

Not sure I am ready for this project cause I got like 4 others going. If ur interested in the boat pm me ur email .

Thanking you both for the info, right now i'm 1/2 way through 1:14 Tamiya G.H. build, and a Fat Fox on the way with all the trimmings, so right now on down time is when i research (evenings mostly), and wish list at my go to supply houses OSE and all the like, it has to be open bow and pit just because you do not see them very often. i could modify a hatch but probably lose room for electronics. so on that note i'm still figuring on concepts for a scratch build and or modify something new/used for a platform. the pics and vids just push me into deeper thought and then i can not sleep. those boats are awesome. somethn' about outboards are, well out there HA! my Stiletto is an outboard and it flippn' rips with it's upgrades.
    all input is appreciated i didn't get this far on my own, people here at OSE helped me learn tremendous amounts.