Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: will this combo work out mathmaticaly

if we assume I got the soldering done rite. what should I look for next. the lipos are still dropping at full throttle to 19v ...could that heat up the wires?

6.5mm castle bullets

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    6.5mm castle bullets
    These are rated at 200amp continuous, if you are pulling more than that they will heat up quickly, try 8mm castles and see if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

should I change the PWM rate on ESC from 8khz to 12khz?
    is there a timing that would lower the amp draw?

ty
    do you think I should be pulling 200 + amps with this set up. ?

I ran the 1950kv 4060 at 5s for a short bit with a octura m545. That setup short pull a little more amps than the 1750kv on 6s with a 45mm prop.

I don't understand why your connectors are getting so hot. Like one said a 60w soldering iron.

But I would get a 120w if I can find one. I cannot see you getting a good solder joint without the flux. And that solder have to penetrate every strand.

One more thing in my experience I have learned it is better to charge a brand new battery to 4.15v per cell than 4.2v per cell. I have had cells get damage at 4.19v for the cells.
    The cell gained higher internal resistance. I lost a few mph as a result.

doing some calculations, my motor is rated over 6000 watts
    that's over 255 amps at full throttle. so the amps being high makes more sence now.
    also, agree with someones last post connectors are not large enough.
    I am taking this motor out, 4200 watts is a good motor for this set up.
    4200 watts draws 190amps
    I can keep my 220 esc and things should cool down.

What I cannot understand I know I saw that someone ran octura x457 and x460 and many other sizes above 50mm even some 3 blades. On the leopard 4092 1730kv on 6s. The leopard was handling these props.

Following this thread I think it was mentioned that an m645 was used. No where near the load of a x450 let along a x457 or x460.

I would have thought the tp was a little more powerful than the leopard. At least in my experience the tp 4060 is a little faster than the 4092 leopard.

Comparing a 4092 2080kv and the 1730kv leopard vs the tp 4060 1950kv.

I know one thing though the tp need a real good battery.

I gain 8mph just off of one battery vs another battery.

I think the boat weight and size and fritction to water can make some difference in props and how they move boat but, the heavey amp draw imo is what this motor does. imo this motor is probably more suited for 8s and above
    just my humble opinion.
    I am taking this motor out and swapping for a 4200 watt motor

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    What I cannot understand I know I saw that someone ran octura x457 and x460 and many other sizes above 50mm even some 3 blades. On the leopard 4092 1730kv on 6s. The leopard was handling these props.

Following this thread I think it was mentioned that an m645 was used. No where near the load of a x450 let along a x457 or x460.

I would have thought the tp was a little more powerful than the leopard. At least in my experience the tp 4060 is a little faster than the 4092 leopard.

Comparing a 4092 2080kv and the 1730kv leopard vs the tp 4060 1950kv.

I know one thing though the tp need a real good battery.

I gain 8mph just off of one battery vs another battery.
    the motor has the power but, my lipos can not keep up

Thank you all, it all helps.
    I will update when I reconfigure the setup and let you all know where it ends up.

side note: I called Chris Fine to set me up with a 70 mph set up for this boat.
    I talked to him on the phone for some time explaining what I had and what I needed, he sent me a 43mm prop with a 180amp esc with the tp motor rated at 8hp. if you do not know Fine RC he has been in the going fast game for many years, that's why I called him personally. the esc never would be enough and the prop ran at 47mph
    I wish I would of stuck to the info here at OSE already.
    facts not slander

I made reference to someone running a leopard 4092 1730kv on 6s with props as big a octura x460.

The boat it was done with is the proboat voracity. Which I think is the same boat you are running.

I have yet to try a 4092 on more than 5s.

The stuff I refer to with the battery charging to 4.15v per cell I never heard of it before. I learned about it through experimentation. I think the smc cells are one of the most powerful cells you can find. If they get wet you will have a problem though.

So protect them from water.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Thank you all, it all helps.
    I will update when I reconfigure the setup and let you all know where it ends up.

side note: I called Chris Fine to set me up with a 70 mph set up for this boat.
    I talked to him on the phone for some time explaining what I had and what I needed, he sent me a 43mm prop with a 180amp esc with the tp motor rated at 8hp. if you do not know Fine RC he has been in the going fast game for many years, that's why I called him personally. the esc never would be enough and the prop ran at 47mph
    I wish I would of stuck to the info here at OSE already.
    facts not slander
    Ty, that is what I just ordered.
    Ty

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234