Thread: Anyone In S.E. WI

Default Anyone In S.E. WI

Looking to start a club FE only as lake is engine free no gas engines. S.E WI have a great place to run, but would seem that there is only clubs that run gas boats down here... If any one from Racine, Kenosha, Milwaukee or Northern IL is interested reply back and lets get something started.

There is the badgers club pond in Kenosha.

https://www.impba.net/district-4.html

http://www.badgerboaters.com/

Rules state 3s and down it's gas boat club. All my boats are FE 50mph + I dislike gas boats can't run them on a lot of lakes around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofast12s View Post
    Rules state 3s and down it's gas boat club. All my boats are FE 50mph + I dislike gas boats can't run them on a lot of lakes around here.

Actually they run 4S boats. Its a club that supports all power sources. If it's not to inconvenient for you it would be worth the trip just to check out one of there events. The Badgers are a great group of guys and have a great deal of boating experience. The chances of you finding a FE ONLY club or group is going to be slim.

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Actually they run 4S boats. Its a club that supports all power sources. If it's not to inconvenient for you it would be worth the trip just to check out one of there events. The Badgers are a great group of guys and have a great deal of boating experience. The chances of you finding a FE ONLY club or group is going to be slim.
    I know of them... The point of FE is go fast I don' t run anything below 6s. I had one gas boat way to slow !!! Way to loud !!! Can't run them in a lot of lakes !!! So like many things in life there's always a first. I don't want to stay at the 35mph level I run at 50 to 100mph and want to push for faster... I am going to start building me own ESCs because I am sick of buying high priced ESCs that burn up or stop working that are poorly designed. Gas boat guys are not going to be much of a help to me at this point. As of now I am inside the Swordfish 300 Plus and see why they burn up so fast. Who ever thought it was a good thing to place capacitors inside a sealed case had to be high !!!! Gas Boats are fine but they are not FE friendly by putting speed limits and a 4S rule on FE boats. I have a cat that runs 6s x2 53" I'm going to run that on 4s ??? It can run 12s x2 it's a twin why can't they let me run??? Rules that's why. So that is why I want to start a FE club for us that can run any speed we want and go fast without the limit of speed rules. The gas guys don't like the FEs because you are faster than them and will pass them without trying, that is the reason for the 4s rule......

Good Luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Gofast12s View Post
    The gas guys don't like the FEs because you are faster than them and will pass them without trying, that is the reason for the 4s rule......
    The FE rules for both NAMBA and IMPBA were written by FE guys. The gas guys aren't as fast in some classes but they for sure don't give a rats butt what we're doing for rules. They're just model boaters like the rest of us. Gas, nitro, and FE for the most part don't run together anyway so why would they care. Some venue will offer an "open" class but it's not everywhere.

Our 4s P sport boats are right around 70mph in oval trim. A 70mph 34" long boat is a handful to navigate around a course. I haven't seen a 35mph boat since about 2004 or so. Even the spec boats are in the 50's now.

We have classes up to 10s but on an oval they don't really get faster. You still have to turn. I personally couldn't make the turn with a 53" 100mph cat. I aint that good. haha That 10s limit was about the voltage danger and not about running with the other fuels. If we do the math and convert volts at reasonable amps to horsepower, a 10s boat is capable of maybe 12 usable horse. 9000watts is bordering on crazy but it's doable. So the fuel guys didn't exactly put a leash on us to protect themselves is what I'm saying. They don't care what we're up to.

For a point of reference to.......... and I'm NOT trying to discourage you in any way. Honest. Back years ago when our club was younger we tried running/racing bigger boats. We called them "unlimited" then. Our real limit was the horrible round cells that were available then. Might be easier to pull off in 2018. Anyway......the problem we ran into was that it was tough to find guys that had the knowledge to do that and also were willing to invest the money to do it. Big boats are pricey. We ended up with little participation. Racing was what we really wanted to do. Accept.....we had no darned racers. Ugh. So we switched it up and tried to offer stuff that was accessible to the average Joe. Took some time but it worked better than most things we've tried. Some spec classes and some open 4s classes that approach that 70mph mark I mentioned.

You could do something like that. Some 4s stuff to get a group together. Then you could offer up some opportunities for guys to go crazy if they wanted. I like to go nuts too but it's hard to find 4 true FE lunatics in a single state let alone in one region of a state.

The Badger boys were very serious FE guys for a long time but they're surrounded by fuel racers. Any rules they have were totally written by FE guys. They're racers all the way down to the bone. They need to race. So.......they're race'n some gas and nitro. Still would be worth while to check in with them.

Something else worth considering is SAW (straight a way) events. There's one in Flint, MI this fall. Laser timed speed trap. Still limited to 10s though. It's requires some traveling but it's an option. I have to be honest here too............traveling to race and meeting new people is really fun. I enjoy that more than I thought I would.
    Noisy person

Hello I realize this is an old post but I live in se Wisconsin and would like to get together
    with other boaters I just got into electric boats and was hoping to learn some things from others I ran gas deep v for years

Thanks Frank B