Thread: TFL hull

Default TFL hull

Your thoughts on this hull, I am looking to get one, just the 41 hull no hardware

Thanks
    8AC9F118-500C-4DB5-83F0-6BA666FCF795.jpg

TFL are great boats, i'm going on my second one soon. Popeye and soon to be F1.
    there is a lot of info here at OSE. are you building it up as a twin screw?

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwet View Post
    TFL are great boats, i'm going on my second one soon. Popeye and soon to be F1.
    there is a lot of info here at OSE. are you building it up as a twin screw?
    Absolutely

That looks like the TFL Zonda hull. Very popular boat, also called a Fightercat Fantasm. Do a search on these forums you’ll find all the information you need. Some have this boat going over 100MPH. I have a carbon version, but haven’t built it yet...too many boats, not enough time!

Quote Originally Posted by royalcasa View Post
    Your thoughts on this hull, I am looking to get one, just the 41 hull no hardware

Thanks
    8AC9F118-500C-4DB5-83F0-6BA666FCF795.jpg
    Save for something better, there ok for Fibreglass, MHZ are a better hull in carbon kevlar

Yes MHZ are considered superior but are they worth the extra cost? A TFL hull with a well done inlay would be perfectly sufficient as proven by the numerous builds on this forum, and for a fraction of the cost. Were I to buy another TFL Zonda, I would forgo the carbon version and get the fibreglass one with the nice graphics, then do the inlay for extra strength. A little heavier maybe, but sometimes this is a good thing.

I managed to purchase a new MHZ hull here in Australia that someone was selling but payed through the nose for it. I was very impressed with the hull, I liked the scale features such as the lines moulded into the surface for escape and engine hatches, however there was still many small imperfections that will require filling. Had it not come up for sale locally I couldn’t justify buying one from Germany. I bought the MHZ stingers to go with this hull and payed close to $500AUD.

Quote Originally Posted by hughb View Post
    Yes MHZ are considered superior but are they worth the extra cost? A TFL hull with a well done inlay would be perfectly sufficient as proven by the numerous builds on this forum, and for a fraction of the cost. Were I to buy another TFL Zonda, I would forgo the carbon version and get the fibreglass one with the nice graphics, then do the inlay for extra strength. A little heavier maybe, but sometimes this is a good thing.

I managed to purchase a new MHZ hull here in Australia that someone was selling but payed through the nose for it. I was very impressed with the hull, I liked the scale features such as the lines moulded into the surface for escape and engine hatches, however there was still many small imperfections that will require filling. Had it not come up for sale locally I couldn’t justify buying one from Germany. I bought the MHZ stingers to go with this hull and payed close to $500AUD.
    MHZ Stingers are definitely not worth the money.
    Kent on here cfp i think, he has awesome stingers and he is in Adelaide, Australia the op was asking about the TFL hull i have one and its ok for the price but for something real fast i wouldn't go the TFL route my 2 cents, and as for the graphics that will soon rip off with the hatch tape ,peeles strait off, awesome Chinese quality
    Last edited by Speedfreek; 08-03-2018 at 07:40 AM.

TFL are great boats, i'm going on my second one soon. Popeye and soon to be F1
    I have the Tesnshock edition of the Caudwell F1. I love the way it handles. more in a PM to you about it, dont want to hijack the thread.
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Quote Originally Posted by larryrose11 View Post
    I have the Tesnshock edition of the Caudwell F1. I love the way it handles. more in a PM to you about it, dont want to hijack the thread.
    i don't think royalcasa would mind since we are talking about a brand he's interested in.
    hughb said it correctly.
    i studied and had more time reading on here when building and settin' up my Popeye than building it. i did the CF inlay and need to step the motor down, i built it for Drag.
    so to Mr. Royalcasa build that TFL (tender floating love, tremendous flying lift, tumultuous flat leveler)? what does TFL stand for? Terra Firma LTD. isn't that nice.

TFL
    Tian Foo Lung. The owners name.

TFL Racing - Home | Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/TFL-Racing-862748720455689/
    TFL Racing. 4.4K likes. TFL (Terra Firma Limited) is specialized in manufacture remote control rock crawler and upgrade spare parts factory.
    and the owners name, now that's very nice

i don't think royalcasa would mind since we are talking about a brand he's interested in.
    hughb said it correctly.
    i studied and had more time reading on here when building and settin' up my Popeye than building it. i did the CF inlay and need to step the motor down, i built it for Drag.
    so to Mr. Royalcasa build that TFL (tender floating love, tremendous flying lift, tumultuous flat leveler)? what does TFL stand for? Terra Firma LTD. isn't that nice.
    I do not mind please do

Quote Originally Posted by royalcasa View Post
    I do not mind please do
    are you going to do this boat and post a build thread?
    any old how this thread started thanx to you, and lead larryrose11 and i into the TFL and Tenshock F1 exhibits, being these F1 Drive Systems drives are the same. he already has his and mine will not be here for another few weeks. now you have me wanting to build a twin outboard set up, during winter relaxation.