Thread: IMPBA P-Spec Classes

Default IMPBA P-Spec Classes

I see there's a feeler thread for 2019 IMPBA FE Nationals in Atlanta, GA.

I hope IMPBA BODs is NOT going to allow a mistake to be repeated.

Just don't see a reason to include P-Spec classes at IMPBA National Events when IMPBA BODs has no intention on ever putting those classes in the rule book. That's per the IMPBA FE Director.

These classes don't exist and there is no rule in the book which allows the BODs to include classes for National Titles which don't exist in the rule book. And then even allow points from those classes to go towards other National Titles such as High Points and other Trophies.

I know that no one wants to discuss Spec/Limited motor rules. That's not what this is about. We don't even have to get into motors.
    The entire P-Spec classes just DON’T EXIST.

I’ve brought this up to individuals within IMPBA and the previous FE National host club, but no one wants to hear it. IMPBA FE Director has told me that P-Spec Classes will never be added to the rule book. Says the BODs don’t want them because they are toxic and cause unwanted drama. However, in the same conversation he states that these events need the P-Spec classes to be successful.
    Personally, I don’t really understand how classes that are so toxic and create unwanted drama… can be such a positive thing that makes an event desirable and successful. And I don’t understand why classes which are necessary to make events successful are not worthy of being in the rule book.

The possible solutions I’ve proposed are one of the following:
    1.) Stop running P-Spec classes all together at sanctioned IMPBA National Events. They run at club level only with specific rules by the clubs.
    2.) Run P-Spec classes at sanctioned IMPBA National Events as exhibition classes only and stop awarding them with National Champion status and/or allowing points to be counted towards other awards.
    3.) Propose and have membership vote on a new rule which would provide the BODs and/or Host Clubs the authority to make up classes for National Events and award them with National Champion status and allow points towards other awards.
    4.) Or… Actually allow a proposal for and have membership vote on P-Spec classes to be in the rule book which would allow these classes to be awarded National Champion status and allow points towards other awards.

These are the four options the BODs have to get the IMPBA FE National Events back in legal status that work within the rules.
    I truly believe option # 4 is what most want.

These rules could be anything from specific motor rules or even giving the Host Club the authority to dictate motor rules for National Events. However, I don’t feel the BODs should have any say in what the Host Club does with the motors if they want to go that route. Otherwise… if everything has to be approved or dictated by the BODs then why don’t they just decide on the motor rules they want and/or will allow Host Clubs to use and put them in the rule book. Motor rules could be anything from the dimensions/weights like run at the 2018 FE Nats. Or… go with a list like current NAMBA rules. Difference and improvement suggested to allow for a committee to add or remove motors from the list so that the class rules can grow and change with motor development and supply.

I’m not looking to start a big debate here. There really is not a debate to be had. The rules were NOT followed for the 2018 IMPBA FE Nationals and we as members should not allow that to continue.

What I’m looking for here is some support and push from membership to ask the BODs to do something to correct this mess. We don’t need to debate or tell them which choice to make. But let’s all speak up and ask them to do something.
    Have fun with that....

Thumbs up

All hats off..

dethow
    Wired Racing
    This message is hidden because dethow is on your ignore list.

MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

And here we f'ing go again....

Dave..you forgot to include the rest of your complaining on FB from Elite RC Boats....

"Here is the IMPBA National Records Director, Doug Smock, standing on the podium and being awarded 1st place "National Champion" for P-Spec Mono. A Class which doesn't exist within the IMPBA rules."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

The ignore list is yer friend fellas.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    And here we f'ing go again....

Dave..you forgot to include the rest of your complaining on FB from Elite RC Boats....

"Here is the IMPBA National Records Director, Doug Smock, standing on the podium and being awarded 1st place "National Champion" for P-Spec Mono. A Class which doesn't exist within the IMPBA rules."
    Nope... didn't forget it. Doug deleted it from here.
    More censorship from a moderator with conflict of interest since he's on the IMPBA BODs.
    Have fun with that....

Quote Originally Posted by don ferrette View Post
    Don, from what I understand it's you individuals on the IMPBA BODs whom need the binky. As it's explained to me by the FE Director. It's you guys who are all scared of the drama that Limited/Spec classes may bring and you don't want it. Talk about being cry babies...

BooHoo we don't want the drama so we'll just go ahead and let people race whatever they want and we'll call them National Champions... But then if anyone ever complains about the rules we can just say "Rules...? what rules...? Don't complain to us."

BooHoo we don't want the drama... so we just won't allow the most popular classes in all of FE in the rule books because we're scared of people being not happy about something in the rules.
    Have fun with that....

David, this about sums it up.

"ive brought this up to individuals within IMPBA and the previous FE National host club, but no one wants to hear it. "

If no one wants to hear it, consider dropping it and joining what's being done. I'm so done with this subject. I'm openly telling any mod to remove any thread that deal with spec class rules. Enough. We look like a bunch of childish fools.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!