Thread: is anyone using load banks

Default is anyone using load banks

to cycle down there batteries thanks

I us astro flyte lithium charger for restoring dead lipos and discharging . Takes about 20 min to discharge 6000 mah 2s pack to 40%.
    J.

I use a couple of ISDT FD-200 25A dis-chargers on my workbench. They take down a fully charged 5000mAh 6S pack in 6-7min and do a pretty good job of leaving them resonably close to storage voltage with no balance lead connection.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Yes Chris,

A good thread on the topic here: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...ight=load+bank

-Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

I've been using this for about a year and a half now. It looks slightly different with a different parallel board and connectors since I swapped all my boats over to QS8's.

It's a pieced together Akoda discharger. There are two separate setups, one control box with four bulb units (12x 24v bulbs) with the parallel board that I use for discharging multiple batteries at once. The second control box only controls one bulb unit (3x 24v bulbs) for smaller batteries.

I bought everything on Bangood, two discharger setups (w/ boards), and then three extra bulb sets only. Each set of 3 bulbs is supposed to be able to draw about 6A. So on the parallel setup, it's supposed to draw about 24A. I haven't actually tested the draw though.

I mounted the components on this board, and dang those bulbs put off some heat! And on 6S holy crap are they bright! I added the two PC fans (powered by my charger power supply) to help dissipate the heat, but I often run it in the house without the fans powered with no issues.

The FD-200 works like a charm. The App can be a bit of a pain but I finally got it to work for me. I really like it except it's a bit loud. You can leave it in the garage and keep an eye on it on a smart phone.
    Nortavlag Bulc