Thread: Turnigy batts?

Default Turnigy batts?

Have Turnigy batteries gotten any better than they were four or five years ago?
    Never had much luck with them back then and wa wondering if they’ve made any progress.
    white geico w/2200kv 3674 leopard 53.5mph 4s2p, geico w/ 1800kv outrunner 52mph on 4s2p, genesis w/2200kv castle 53.8 on 4s2p, impulse 31 w/2200kv castle, stock p1 and ul-1

Looks like the price for those packs have gone up.

Quote Originally Posted by stadiumyamaha View Post
    Have Turnigy batteries gotten any better than they were four or five years ago?
    Never had much luck with them back then and wa wondering if they’ve made any progress.
    I would say yes, especially their graphene batteries. Now, they have a new line of graphene batteries called the graphene panther which have a cool green cover. I'm actually starting to sell my other batteries and just go with the graphenes. Most of mine are graphenes from different manufacturers and are very happy with them. . low IRs and some with over 100 cycles still have almost the same IRs and the power is just as strong as when I first got them.

Just for some comparison, I was using Zippy batteries in my Flowmaster 650, was topping out at 90km/h. Changed to Turnigy Graphene (the older ones, not the new green panther ones) of the exact same battery spec, and got 93km/h. So it would seem they would be above average. I don’t think they’d be up to the level of the high end lipos though.