Thread: Swordfish 300+ Problem

Default Swordfish 300+ Problem

So got my 53" cat all worked out made two runs with it everything seem fine. Take it home and go to start it up again and test it before going out with it again. One of the two Swordfish 300+ ESCs won't start up. Checked everything wiring, motor battery voltage programing you name it. It still will not start up no beeps nothing! It's only got two light runs on it of maybe 15mins. I was running on 6s the log showed max of 20 amps and RPM of 2130 sure not much.... From what I am reading Swordfish don't stand behind anything that they sell they find something wrong but never by them. This hull was not a easy build a gas hull turned FE twin Central Marine Mystic Sport. Any suggestions on maybe waking up this ESC ? Any one else have this problem...... Sure is disappointing two runs a it dies

Maybe try to plug it in and reload the firmware?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Team Liquid Dash

Switch the escs to confirm that it is the esc or the problem might be on that side only. . .then go from there

Quote Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
    Maybe try to plug it in and reload the firmware?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Did that loaded stock than program for 6s again no fix... Thanks

did that other ESC still works fine. Checked everything... It looks like I am out 300 dollars and now have a ESC for my Hydro. Time to start over it sure won't be with a Swordfish..... Thanks for your reply...

Is this the newer model or the old? If its the old with the power switch, cut it off and join the two wires and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    Is this the newer model or the old? If its the old with the power switch, cut it off and join the two wires and try again.
    I did that the first time I installed it. It is a older one logging works so it's not because of the power switch. I am at the point that I am going to try open it up and get in side the dam thing... Its the only thing that I have not done at this point what do I have to lose.... Thanks for your reply.... Maybe how would be the time to ask if any body has ever open one up and how did you do it ??? I guest it could be worst it could of gone up in smoke and burn up the hull....

One last thing, I know it’s basic, but have you completed the calibration again too.

Sure have no luck.....