I bought the boat used after seeing it run. It had a 45mm plastic prop with the strut angled up (lowering the transom) significantly. I leveled the strut to the ride pad, switched to an Octura m445 (balanced and sharpened and thinned just a little, but not further modded) and installed 2s 5000 batteries. But it won't get up on plane. The transom lifts enough to make a big rooster tail, and I can hear a lot of gurgling like it's cavitating or slipping, just stirring the water around without really grabbing. My motor and battery combo gives me around 24,000 rpm.

I tried moving the batteries from rearmost CG to forwardmost. That changed the angle of the hull as it gurgled around.
I tried bending the trim tabs to raise the transom. No significant effect. I could go farther, but I already had a couple of degrees down and figured that wasn't going to fix it.
I tried angling the strut down to lift the stern. That made the boat gurgle around flatter, but that's about it.
I tried slowly advancing the throttle to let the prop grab. No effect.

So are M series props known for having trouble getting on plane in draggier mono hulls? Is anyone running this prop or similar in a boat this size?