Thread: Need help picking a prop for a 30” tunnel hull with a tfl ourboard

Default Need help picking a prop for a 30” tunnel hull with a tfl ourboard

Hey all, I need help selecting a prop for my tunnel hull. It’s a 30” hull with a tfl outboard with an sss 3660 2075kv motor (The one for sale on this site) which will be run on 4s. The prop shaft is 4mm w/ a drive dog which limits prop selection a bit. I would also prefer to buy a fully finished prop and am happy to pay the premium for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You can buy a 4mm to 3/16 prop adapter on this site for $2. I would also suggest the CNC Aluminum props OSE has also. No need to balance. Go with 42-44mm 2 blades. They have detounged 1.6 pitch ratio also. 42mm there.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

That’s great info, thanks!

The motor can accommodate as large as a 48 mm prop, would there be any benefit to a larger prop over a smaller one?

With a 3660/2075kv motor going over 45mm in diameter will just load the motor. Every hull needs a certain diameter or actually blade area to push the hull at a given speed. Sometimes going smaller in diameter and just increasing pitch will be more efficient. That's the "black art" in propeller selection. Finding the just enough prop, but not too much.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414