Thread: aeromarine meanmachine

Default aeromarine meanmachine

good day...need help guys...aeromarine meanmachine or cheetah which one is better..and need adviced if this will work..Product ID ros-spdss-002 and rudder Product ID ose-83347...dont know if that longer flat bottom strut is better than this one,Product ID ros-spdss-001..but i need adviced from expert or having a lot of experienced about this..tnx and more power

Default Mean Machine

I have a MM that came as nitro and I converted to FE. I got rid of the RTR hardware. For rudder I used OSE Dual Picku[p ose-83347. May seem a little large but I love the way the boat handles. My water cooing lines are the OSE 1/4" and the wall is fairly thick so I had to use a dremel cut off wheel and cut the angled flange next to the 2 nipple off. Easy to do.
    For a strut I used ros-spdss-001 Speedmaster 21 Strut: Hydro. I think it works great and plenty of adjustment for height.
    I have a TFL Cheetah/Fighter Cat on order. Will be about a month before it is in the water.
    Dumas Air Boat OS 25 nitro, Dumas Air Boat Brushless, Midwest Lobster Boat, AQ Lucas Oil Cat, Dumas Hot Shot IV Proboat outboard, Delta Force Cyber Storm 33

First of all welcome!
    Then, we need to know what you’re looking to get out of your project.
    Straight line speed, racing ovals, or sporting around. What speeds, what motor, etc.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by SlickZERO View Post
    I have a MM that came as nitro and I converted to FE. I got rid of the RTR hardware. For rudder I used OSE Dual Picku[p ose-83347. May seem a little large but I love the way the boat handles. My water cooing lines are the OSE 1/4" and the wall is fairly thick so I had to use a dremel cut off wheel and cut the angled flange next to the 2 nipple off. Easy to do.
    For a strut I used ros-spdss-001 Speedmaster 21 Strut: Hydro. I think it works great and plenty of adjustment for height.
    I have a TFL Cheetah/Fighter Cat on order. Will be about a month before it is in the water.
    Tnx for the reply and good adviced..well appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    First of all welcome!
    Then, we need to know what you’re looking to get out of your project.
    Straight line speed, racing ovals, or sporting around. What speeds, what motor, etc.
    tnx for reply and warm welcome sir...looking for straight or oval,and a power plant of 180a esc and 4074 2200kv with 4s or 5s i think.as i read some adviced in other thread they used this,Product ID ros-spdss-002...and Product ID ros-spdss-001...tnx...

Quote Originally Posted by dhan View Post
    tnx for reply and warm welcome sir...looking for straight or oval,and a power plant of 180a esc and 4074 2200kv with 4s or 5s i think.as i read some adviced in other thread they used this,Product ID ros-spdss-002...and Product ID ros-spdss-001...tnx...
    The MM and Cheetah are wide boats and good for oval. Narrow boats are good for top speed. In my Mean Machine I have a 3674 1300Kv on 6 cells and a M445 S&B Prop. I run 2 - 6 cell packs 2700 in parallel. The boat runs just over 45 mph and everything is not hot and runs 10+ laps. With a M545 S&B it runs almost 50 mph.
    We "race" for fun at a friends that lives on a lake. We have private beach with buoys set out about 2/3 NAMBA size. Most of my friends have RTR boats that run about 45 mph so I stay with the M445 prop. A buddy has a Veles 29 cat that if he tries to take the corner as sharp and fast as me it will roll. The wider MM stays on the water and just keeps going. With a higher watt motor 4074 or 4092 and different set up guys run them 70 mph. My friends are more into cutting a good line and "racing" around the buoys than all out speed. Different strokes for different folks.
    Hope some of this helps.
    Dumas Air Boat OS 25 nitro, Dumas Air Boat Brushless, Midwest Lobster Boat, AQ Lucas Oil Cat, Dumas Hot Shot IV Proboat outboard, Delta Force Cyber Storm 33

The MM and Cheetah are wide boats and good for oval. Narrow boats are good for top speed. In my Mean Machine I have a 3674 1300Kv on 6 cells and a M445 S&B Prop. I run 2 - 6 cell packs 2700 in parallel. The boat runs just over 45 mph and everything is not hot and runs 10+ laps. With a M545 S&B it runs almost 50 mph.
    We "race" for fun at a friends that lives on a lake. We have private beach with buoys set out about 2/3 NAMBA size. Most of my friends have RTR boats that run about 45 mph so I stay with the M445 prop. A buddy has a Veles 29 cat that if he tries to take the corner as sharp and fast as me it will roll. The wider MM stays on the water and just keeps going. With a higher watt motor 4074 or 4092 and different set up guys run them 70 mph. My friends are more into cutting a good line and "racing" around the buoys than all out speed. Different strokes for different folks.
    Hope some of this helps.
    Oh tnx for the friendly adviced..now got some ideas hehe...appreciated..

Today i recieved my meanmachine from OSE and this is what i got...39235638_277454903055805_6889837157280645120_n.jpg

39044679_457402461394289_7213051635491143680_n.jpg the glued is soft and not hard like epoxy

39124584_251890705649171_403710390199910400_n.jpg i dont know if this is normal..with a piece of wood like brace..any idea if need to remove this..

39208462_309076409651302_6356795264459603968_n.jpg need epoxy to solve this.....any thoughts what to do first or do i re glue..tnx

return it comes to mind .once you start any work on it it yours to keep.
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

The wood piece is to stop the deck from warping down. looks like aeromarine are not as good as they used to be in quality builds.

39208462_309076409651302_6356795264459603968_n.jpg need epoxy to solve this.....any thoughts what to do first or do i re glue..tnx
    The hairline gap is also on mine, never was an issue, the hull is epoxied well. The only thing which I didn't have was the wooden brace, it might have been a reaction to certain issues they have had and was just a solution, although not too elegant.
    Don't confuse this filler with epoxy.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

39044679_457402461394289_7213051635491143680_n.jpg the glued is soft and not hard like epoxy
    This is normal, I bought one 6 years ago and the filler is the same. I asked at the time and other members replied that it was not abnormal. It is sort to the touch.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

slow process..hoping no mistakes..dont know if this is ok what i did..
    Any advice if 1/4 stuffing tube is better than the 9/32 with teflon liner..

So far all the boats I have I run Teflon liner. However you will get people swear by both. I am building 2 Zippkit JAE 33FE riggers. They will be 1/4" tube with .187 shaft and no liner. I asked Zippkit about this and they said they don't use a liner on any of their boats. (They hold a ton of records).
    I hear that a liner is quieter, but on high speed, load they can cause a problem. Brass is pretty fool proof. Grease it up and go. Polish your cable with either, especially brass liner. 600 wet/dry sandpaper with WD40 or similar. I chuck the motor end (which you don't want to sand down anyway) in a variable speed drill on slow. Let the shaft hang down vertical and run the sandpaper up and down with the drill running slow. I then spray with auto brake clean (happen to have some) or similar to get all the grit and metal off.

So far all the boats I have I run Teflon liner. However you will get people swear by both. I am building 2 Zippkit JAE 33FE riggers. They will be 1/4" tube with .187 shaft and no liner. I asked Zippkit about this and they said they don't use a liner on any of their boats. (They hold a ton of records).
    I hear that a liner is quieter, but on high speed, load they can cause a problem. Brass is pretty fool proof. Grease it up and go. Polish your cable with either, especially brass liner. 600 wet/dry sandpaper with WD40 or similar. I chuck the motor end (which you don't want to sand down anyway) in a variable speed drill on slow. Let the shaft hang down vertical and run the sandpaper up and down with the drill running slow. I then spray with auto brake clean (happen to have some) or similar to get all the grit and metal off.
    tnx bro....so do i need to sand it down the flexshaft?and if not what will happen...any issue of water coming from this 1/4 stuffing tube

Whether you use a liner or not it is the grease that keeps (most) of the water out. If you take a new shaft and feel it, it isn't really slick. If you run a tissue or paper towel down one sometimes there will be some very tiny burrs that catch the paper. The soother the shaft the easier it will turn. I don't think you have to "sand" it down any real noticeable degree, just until it is slick. Remember not to sand where the motor collet clamps the shaft. You don't want it any smaller and harder to clamp.

so this is my 2nd test and now i used 4s2p and m445 balanced and sharpened..got 83 kph.

Tnx slickzero for the tip...and to those friends who gave me adviced tnx...

Looks great nice build! Gotta love aeromarine hulls. I'm just ready to run my 48 pro challenger V hull on 12s. Get some cool paint of that hull it's a perfect canvas. Any colors in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by precisionboatbuilder View Post
    Looks great nice build! Gotta love aeromarine hulls. I'm just ready to run my 48 pro challenger V hull on 12s. Get some cool paint of that hull it's a perfect canvas. Any colors in mind?
    well tnx bro....but i think more speed if no drag from the lowered rudder..yes i want to paint but dont know what color and what good brand to use..

I have a question.i have an older mean machine I have spruced up a little now my leopard motor is acting like it doesn't have any power.all I did was do a little paint work now it is acting messes up.what elec motor should I use.i have a 120a hobbyking esc it says 6s comp