Thread: Longevity of Spektrum Marine RX's

Default Longevity of Spektrum Marine RX's

how long are these lasting?. The MR200 & MR3000 RX's. Reason why i ask is that i have three MR200's and two MR3000's they all work with my DX3c and (DX4S which i have to send into service) or i'll need to purchase the DX5Pro or 6R. i hope my DX3c stays alive, it's so easy to use.
    it seems the RX's are discontinued.
    Maybe that Darin Jordan kid would know?

I still use them on most of my boats and still love them. .Since I've had no issues why replace them? Although, I do have several DSMR newest receivers and they work great too. I've read that the newer DSMR receivers are better especially in the range department. Haven't tried comparing or testing which one has the longest range because I'm already happy of the range I get. But someday I might just try it for myself. but for now I'm still using my MR200 and MR3000 but the only thing is that only a few models work with these marine receivers so you're out of luck if you have the newer TX that's being sold in stores now because in the manual like the DSMR DX4S, for example, it states it's compatible with the marine receivers. . .not unless you have the older first generation and if you've updated the firmware like I did then it's no longer compatible with the MR3000 or MR200. So don't update your DX4S if you have the older ones.

alot of guys are now buying the aftermarket spectrum compatable receivers from hobby king. cheaper and just as reliable as spectrum could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    I still use them on most of my boats and still love them. .Since I've had no issues why replace them? Although, I do have several DSMR newest receivers and they work great too. I've read that the newer DSMR receivers are better especially in the range department. Haven't tried comparing or testing which one has the longest range because I'm already happy of the range I get. But someday I might just try it for myself. but for now I'm still using my MR200 and MR3000 but the only thing is that only a few models work with these marine receivers so you're out of luck if you have the newer TX that's being sold in stores now because in the manual like the DSMR DX4S, for example, it states it's compatible with the marine receivers. . .not unless you have the older first generation and if you've updated the firmware like I did then it's no longer compatible with the MR3000 or MR200. So don't update your DX4S if you have the older ones.
    yes the range on mine are as far as i can see, and darn that info about the DX4S is news to me, i hope Spektrum (Horizon Hobby) does not update it. It worked great, i never dropped it or got it wet, all i can think is i got it to close to a battery?
    it scrolls sporadically when in the menu screen. apparently the 5PRO says marine (backwards) compatible DSMR and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by rol243 View Post
    alot of guys are now buying the aftermarket spectrum compatable receivers from hobby king. cheaper and just as reliable as spectrum could be.
    I have an Orange RX for my Atlantic tug.
    i read somewhere Spek's newer TX's will not work with the "Orange" RX's i do not know first hand.
    just purchased
    DX5 PRO
    5-CHANNEL
    DSMR® SYSTEM
    TX only.
    Last edited by Stillwet; 07-31-2018 at 05:52 PM.