Thread: Programming SK180 w/Traxxas TX

Default Programming SK180 w/Traxxas TX

Hey all,
    New member here, what a great site! Tons of information and some badass boats! Not new to RC, and I've searched for my particular situation. Found lots of info on the Seaking 180a esc, but nothing to help me out.
    I installed a new Seaking 180a esc into my stock Traxxas M41 with Traxxas TX/RX using the Link app on my phone. I calibrated the esc for full throttle as outlined in the instructions when first setting up. Tested and forward was reverse and vise versa. I reversed throttle channel as it states required for Futaba transmitters and throttle functions normal but does not have forward full throttle, reverse does. I tried to recalibrate forward full throttle again and it won't enter calibration mode unless I turn on TX in full brake position.

Feeling pretty stupid here, been doing this for 40yrs and I'm sure I'm missing something so simple.

Thanks in advance for any guidance
    Matt

yep ,use the reverse switch for throttle .sounds like its backwards .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Thank you boats. With throttle channel reversed is does function normal with regard forward throttle position = forward propulsion, but doesn't have full forward power. In reverse it has full power.
    It's like I need to recalibrate full forward throttle but the esc doesn't enter calibration mode (holding full throttle, turning on the tx and then the esc). It will however enter cal mode when I repeat the process with the tx in the full reverse/brake position. Full power in reverse, not forward again.
    Is there a way to reset the esc to factory settings as shipped new? I believe the issue stems from the tx throttle position being in normal when I initially set it up and did the calibration process, not knowing it needed to be reversed.

Thanks again
    Matt

you can swap out 2 motor wires on THE ESC and change throttle direction also.
    SW26 V3 Green 35mph , Swifter Hydro 26. Delta Force 35. cars ,3 Rustlers 45-76 Mph.

Should be as easy as reversing the throttle
    And then recalibrate .you say it enters calibration mode when you hold full brake .
    That to me says reverse the channel and then try again . Report back

Ps-is this a programmable tx?if so check throttle end limits
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Thanks guys, I’m going to hit this again this afternoon after my shutter painting project is done, oh and the front door!
    Adjustments to tx are made through the Bluetooth Link mobile app, very user friendly. If anything good can be said about Traxxas it’s this app, pretty cool stuff!

Thanks everybody, gearhd48 was spot on, and thanks to HW tech support as they suggest the same thing.
    Changed throttle channel to normal, switched wires (outside wires per HW tech support), recalibrated full throttle and all is good now.
    Good learning experience, and I appreciate everybodys input, thank you again!
    Matt