Thread: Castle non-warranty

Default Castle non-warranty

Going to be converting a couple Castle esc's with water cooling and wondering how many guys have had a modified esc burn and sent them back to Castle? Curious to see what they offered as a discount toward a new esc?
    Team Liquid Dash

If it’s modified I doubt they will give any credit.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Castle recommends trying the ESC first before any modifications, to make sure it works as designed. If the ESC is not used as designed, they say won’t warranty it.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Castle recommends trying the ESC first before any modifications, to make sure it works as designed. If the ESC is not used as designed, they say won’t warranty it.

Yep fully understood, but I am wondering if after the warranty expires because I water cool the esc if they will still take it in without the warranty and offer the discount that they say on their website?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Team Liquid Dash

I pulled the cooling off mine before sending it in so I could use it on the next one, but it was epoxy coated and I told them it was used in a boat and was after a non warranty repair, they gave me 50% off a new equivalent, same as my other non warranty repairs/replacements.

Try your ESCs on receipt if it is destined for the spares box, as well as before any mods, in case it dies on first plugin or is DOA.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thanks Paul.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    I pulled the cooling off mine before sending it in so I could use it on the next one, but it was epoxy coated and I told them it was used in a boat and was after a non warranty repair, they gave me 50% off a new equivalent, same as my other non warranty repairs/replacements.

Try your ESCs on receipt if it is destined for the spares box, as well as before any mods, in case it dies on first plugin or is DOA.
    Great that is what I was wondering.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Team Liquid Dash