Thread: Need some advice on an upcoming build

Default Need some advice on an upcoming build

Hey guys, haven't been here in a while, but have a few upcoming projects and Geico that I'm almost done rebuilding. I'm having a Radtek Mystic 45" being made. I'll be getting the custom hardware that's made for the hull as well. The only thing I bought so far are the motors. Got two TP 4070 2080Kv motors. Spec sheet shows 6s max and 300A max. Now should I run these with 300A controllers, or a higher / lower amp rating? My other question would be can they be run with one battery per motor, or do I have two run two batteries in parallel to each motor?

Welcome back Prodrvr yes it is more than safe stick to the 300A controllers having in mind to not overprop your combo.I have those same motors in my twin rigger using same controllers with extra capbanks with no issues.You can use both methods for batts so if inner space isn't a problem I would use 2p per motor. Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Cool! Thx Gill!

your welcome.
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Hey Gill, any experience with MGM controllers? Was looking at the 28026-3 model. The spec and price are close to the Swordfish X 300. I'm just wondering if they're worth the money. The SF are gonna cost $660...the MGM depending on options, maybe $150 more. I'm not going to let $150 stand between good and great...if that's the case. I have no experience with either controller.

I have no experience with MGM but I do know they are great controllers and I'm sure you will have some feedback here.In the other hand yes I've been using SF 240/300 with no issues and I agree wiith that 150 bucks won't make any difference considering quality.First time I tried a SF 240 with a Neu motor 1527 I must confess that the final results weren't that good so I stuck to a Castle Ice 240 that it iwas the best option at that time and the combo is still working great.My twin rigger is now equipped with two Tppower 4070 2080kv plus two Sf 300 and what I can say that after one year everything is going well.So as previously discussed here in another thread there some motors that do not like some kind of controllers ......my Tpppower's are working in harmony with the SF esc's. Hope this give you any idea of your next decision.Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Quote Originally Posted by Prodrvr View Post
    Hey Gill, any experience with MGM controllers? Was looking at the 28026-3 model. The spec and price are close to the Swordfish X 300. I'm just wondering if they're worth the money. The SF are gonna cost $660...the MGM depending on options, maybe $150 more. I'm not going to let $150 stand between good and great...if that's the case. I have no experience with either controller.
    Hey Nohn the MGM controllers are very good however I have had issues using them with NUE 1527 1600kv motor. MGM’s paired with Lehner are amazing in my experience.

What motors are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be running two TP 4070 2080Kv motors on 6s in a 45" Radtek Mystic.

Default Need some advice on an upcoming build

I'll be running two TP 4070 2080Kv motors on 6s in a 45" Radtek Mystic.
    Not had experience with TP and MGM, a friend runs a similar setup and is using Swordfish 240 controllers on 8s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I could try 250A Flier esc's. I'm not sure what to do lol.

I'll be using Flier 300A opto's with TP4060 2450kV motors in my HPR. Unfortunately, I've got no data to report back yet.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    I'll be using Flier 300A opto's with TP4060 2450kV motors in my HPR. Unfortunately, I've got no data to report back yet.
    When do you think you'll be running it?

When do you think you'll be running it?
    Not sure, still on the workbench

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Not sure, still on the workbench
    Get on it man lol

Hey everyone. I'm new to forums. I just got a TFL P1 outdrive system for my Exceed Design V24 Batboat. I think I installed it too low. Should the point of the rudder be aligned with the transom? Thanks for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Schoewe View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm new to forums. I just got a TFL P1 outdrive system for my Exceed Design V24 Batboat. I think I installed it too low. Should the point of the rudder be aligned with the transom? Thanks for any advice.
    Start your own thread man