Thread: Thank You Waveblasters for a Fun Race Day

Default Thank You Waveblasters for a Fun Race Day

While visiting Florida last week I was invited by Mr. Ken Haines to come up to Port Saint Lucie to hang out & possibly run a few heats with the Waveblasters. What a cool, friendly and fun time ! Ken & the 'Blasters were totally kicked back and mellow PLUS Ken fixed me up with a boat for the SuperVee race ( I took a charitable second), then I ran one of Ken's DF Cyberstorms for P-Ltd Mono [ not so good : struck a dead boat, with a now kicked back rudder cut two buoys and blasted one buoy off course.) Thanks guys for the totally fun time (& the grilled hotdogs). This is how it's done !

Tony
    SCFE 678

Ken with a few Trophys

Ken @ Waveblasters.jpg
    Last edited by properchopper; 07-24-2018 at 08:40 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Tony, did they have donuts for you?
    Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by leonard feeback View Post
    Tony, did they have donuts for you?
    Leonard
    No donuts-but Oh that potato salad

Later on we had desert

ice cream.jpg
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    While visiting Florida last week I was invited by Mr. Ken Haines to come up to Port Saint Lucie to hang out & possibly run a few heats with the Waveblasters. What a cool, friendly and fun time ! Ken & the 'Blasters were totally kicked back and mellow PLUS Ken fixed me up with a boat for the SuperVee race ( I took a charitable second), then I ran one of Ken's DF Cyberstorms for P-Ltd Mono [ not so good : struck a dead boat, with a now kicked back rudder cut two buoys and blasted one buoy off course.) Thanks guys for the totally fun time (& the grilled hotdogs). This is how it's done !

Tony
    SCFE 678
    Hey Tony, It was great to see you in person and hang out again.
    We really have a good group of guys at the club. Trying to grow it
    back to the size we had for so many years. It's great seeing the new energy
    from both our scale and FE groups. Thanks to all and especially Terry Wald
    for cooking up the dogs and beans for lunch.
    Hope to see you again on another Florida vist, the guys all enjoyed your company.
    Take Care,
    The Wave Blasters of Florida
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Took a nice club photo with Tony Heller on his
    recent visit to the Wave Blasters that I wanted to share.

(Pictured from Left to Right)
    Terry Wald
    Eric Towne
    Caleb Gillen
    Ken Haines
    Tony Heller
    Fede Castano
    Ron Desmond
    Albert Cline
    Kelly Gilmore
    Jeff Shipley

I have also attached a group picture from
    one of our Spring Shoot-Outs of years ago !

Unfortunately due to other commitments and local District 3 races,
    it looks like our next official Club FE race Sunday will be August 26th.
    Note: Our very active scale group meets every Sunday from 8 to 10am.
    For anyone interested in visiting the Wave Blasters, the site address is:
    5000 Seagrape Drive, Ft. Pierce, Florida
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Ken must have never seen you pilot a boat before lol. I guess you forgot to mention your coveted accolade, the "two for one special". For those wondering that is where you lend a boat to a fellow boater and then crash into them with the boat you are skippering, damaging both in the process. Sounds like you had a great time Tony and managed to avoid being eaten by any gators.

What was really special (and harkened back to earlier days) was some heats PLUS some sharing of tuning stuff - like a little racing AND a little tuning talk. Grilled hotdogs & the fixin's added to the vibes. Like it once was. SCSTA has some of that feeling (minus the donuts)

Tony, it was nice meeting you. There was a second row on the start, I was inside on row 2. Someone checked up hard in turn 2, I went off the back of them with nowhere to go. Got about 3’ of air, 40’ put and landed upside down. I was the one you went off of..... It’s racing. Once again, nice to meet you and thanks for taking time on vacation to visit a club. Solid.
    Vortex 22 hydro ammo 36-50
    Vortex Cyber Storm 33 P spec Mono AC 36-56
    PT SS-45 Q-hydro Neu 1527/1Y

I'll bring some Bondo next visit The best reason to have a pit spotter is to point out the dead boats -

All good. Ken had us get spotters yesterday for sv27, it helped a lot.

One lasting "take-away" from my visit was how the SV27 "one-design" class reinforced my long held belief that such classes really help introduce new folks into the racing world and are pure fun at any level. Especially now that there's so many applicable models available and prices are do-able for most. My feeling is that almost any race class - even the so-called Limited classes (now that they've become more specialized) could seem intimidating to newbies. Take P-OPC for example - once a basically entry level class (which I was immediately attracted to) which consisted of your basic AQ TS-2 / REK outdrive / SV27 1500KV motor ended up being so specialized that I gave up - But now take a look at the Cauldwell FS-1 tunnels - what a cool one-design class they would make - I'd jump in right away ! Whatever - (climbing down from my soapbox)

Just picture six of these in a heat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvzm4_9qNww

Mods....he’s advertising.... j/k

Ya, looks like it’d be fun, box stock. I have a friend that’s new to racing and his p Ltd is pretty fast, he’s alittle intimidated. You’re right too! I was in this or tried being in it and it was not organized enough yet 10 years ago. Right when sv27 and BJ26 came out. What has taken shape in 10 years is cool!The p, q, t...etc is really good. The racemaster deal, online race entry is cool. A lot of confusion or difference is gone.