Thread: OSE Raider

Default OSE Raider

I'm in need of a new ESC for my Whiplash hydro running a Neu 1515 1y on 4s1p. I've been using a 200 amp Swordfish (old design) that I've heard does not give 100% throttle to the motor, so I wanted to try something different (plus I've been using it for years and I wanted to replace it before it turns to charcoal). I know the Raider is only a 150 amp controller, but thought it might be rated extremely conservative. Seems to me I've heard of guys using the Raider successfully with similar setups, but wanted to check. Space is limited in the Whip, so my options are limited (I really miss the CC Barracudas). Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

I’ve always felt like that esc was a old seaking 180 in a different but better casing. The wiring and dimensions confirm it for me. Now the fets inside side may be of lesser amperage so I can’t confirm. If your on the fence about it and you push your boat hard, I’d recommend the new swordfish 220x
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

we do have a couple of guys in our club that run the 150 amp esc on 4s in there sport hydros with no issues. I do like the Turnigy v3 180 amp esc on 4s..