Thread: Feilun FT102 brushless boat water intrusion problems.

Default Feilun FT102 brushless boat water intrusion problems.

So I purchased one of the Feilun FT102 brushless boats from Ebay to use when I am anchored out on the lake on my real boat. The boat ran great on the canal. I purchased it for it's self righting ability, it can self right but takes on a huge amount of water when running on the lake in the waves (very fun). It only takes on a little bit of water running in the canal. Anybody else have the same problem? The hatch system seems like it would be watertight but I think I should tape it now with all the water problems?? Anybody else having water issues with this boat?

I just drain mine each time I run it...

I have a feilun also...not the brushless one......got it at a yard sale...did the same thing first time out took on a bunch of water....turns out it was the hatch....taped it and no more water.....

Thank you for the advice guys!! I also had a problem with the boat breaking the motor shaft and the bearings in the drive shaft. I replaced two motors and two drive shaft assembly's. Then I had enough, I purchased a Proboat Miss Geico 17 and I'm going to transplant most of the FT102 parts into that and get rid of the stupid dog bone drive system the FT102 has.

Tighten screw to little white rotating clips, to the point the are hard to turn. Clean rubber seal on hull. Make sure drain plug is in.

The stuffing tube needs to be filled with marine grease.

Also I think motor needs to be oiled on load end. Maybe rebuilt with better bearing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume you either fixed or sold your FT by now but for those who stumble across this and are curious.
    I used liquid tape that comes with a brush and painted layers on the transom from the inside which reduced my water ingress to a minimum.

I have 2 of them! Thanks for the tip.

One is being upgraded to a bigger ESC and motor. About as big as possible! I had to put project on hold due to moving, just about freed up enough to finish it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk