Thread: Dumas Drag -n Fly 40 vintage Hydro

Default Dumas Drag -n Fly 40 vintage Hydro

Hi all.....Just picked a vintage 1976 - 1980..? Dumas all wood Drag -n - Fly 40 Hydro....Built but never powered or splashed....very nice solid build.... Anyone have any info on this boat..? Will for sure be an FE set up...Have all the goodies....Thanks....

I always liked the looks of the DnF and wanted to build one, just never did. Early versions of this boat had running problems, but that may have been largely due to low-powered nitro engines of the era - not a problem with current FE power. I remember reading an article by Jerry Dunlap about the struggle he had with one. He's not on this board but may be on Intlwaters. If you post your question there he might respond (if he's still active there).

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Jerry Dunlap was on RCUniverse for a while, couldn't tell you if that's still the case though.

Terry Keeley on intlwaters also built a DnF years ago. Related links:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/spee...e-build-2.html

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=64620

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thank you both for the info so far....I have sent a message to Dumas to see if they still have plans and or building sheets for the top cover....

cool, i just dug up the plans as i was reading this. (i was thinkn' it was the 40)
    my bother in law gave me his Drag'n Fly 20 Mark II. i converted it to FE and it is pretty fast and turns alright more for show than any thing.not much room but a 4S fits fine in it. i did a fine fiberglass coat like i did with my Chris Craft build. built in the early 80's but i gave it TLC. it's the pickle fork style.
    have the original tunnel lid and then made a custom flat deck with rear wing, mock engine and sport driver figure . you'll have so much fun and the color schemes are endless.
    do you have the plans? i'm assuming not. i'll keep my eyes peeled. mine are yellow brittle and torn but legible, i should have it laminated.
    The very best to you.

I kind of remember the 20..... Never knew about the 40 or 60....... Thanks for the info....

yeah nothing like yesteryear, i think that's why i go Tilt on my hobbies RC, Trains, slot cars, shootn', A/V, we couldn't afford these things when i was a kid. i like to build but i'll
    purchase ARTR or RTR's if they catch my eye. even the slowest boat i have is fun and my grandson can maneuver it with ease.
    now your thread has me lookn' for another kit, PT Naval Cruiser, or a pleasure craft of sorts.

I'm the same way....Have a bunch of Rc interests....been into it 45 years....66 now...no end in sight..!! Have a few new boats...FE...but still love the vintage era...

i've been searchn' and if you have been Google'n then i'm seeing the same as you, i'll keep look'n cause i always stumble onto other interests.
    back to water proofing some new servos and RX's.

Still lookin.... Thanks...
    God Bless....

Its quite easy to make up a cowl for this hydro as its a simple one by the looks.