Thread: brushless system

Default brushless system

Anyone know of a cheap but good brushless motor and esc that will be good for this boat? planing on only running 6 cell packs and 2S lipos....I have a novak super stock brushless system 19 turn brushed spec motor specs..but was thinking it would be better if i got one meant for a boat?.... My boat has a fully updated flex cable drive system.
    I would like something that would make it fast but not crazy fast so it's always out of control..

Any help will be great

THANKS
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Not sure what you consider cheap but I put in a Castle Creations motor ESC combo. Got the set for 139 on e-bay. I have seen them even lower.

Motor is CSM-4600 and the ESC is the Sidewinder. Probably not the best match for this boat but it accomplished my needs and seems to work OK. SETUP is highly sensitive to battery. Needs a strong battery...

Couple of comments:
    ESC was not made for boats, not water proof.
    I added conformal coating to help in key open areas. I am not expecting much here, but I am trying to keep it running for a while.

ESC did run hot with only air cooling.
    I added water cooling and it works much better.

Boat went from fun and easy to control to, HOLY CRAP, better slow down for the turns.

Boat is now as fast as my Blackjack (at least in a straight line).
    Boats:
    Proboat Apache 24
    Proboat Blackjack 26 Brushless

Thanks for the input.

I have a novak super stock brushless system... But i am looking for a system meant for a boat(esc & motor) something not to crazy something that will make the boat faster and run good on a 6 cell battery pack.
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

You may consider the SeaKing 60A BL ESC. I picked one up and it works well for me. Ghost has been using them a lot. I'd consult with someone else before you go that way.

More feedback is always good.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    You may consider the SeaKing 60A BL ESC. I picked one up and it works well for me. Ghost has been using them a lot. I'd consult with someone else before you go that way.

More feedback is always good.

thats what I'm using, its a pain in the ass to set. On lipo cut off it keeped shutting down on me. I ending up not using the cut off and I'm loving it now. So far so good, I need more time to realy judge.