Thread: Genesis 56” Twin Cat Discolouration of One Motors Wires!

Default Genesis 56” Twin Cat Discolouration of One Motors Wires!

Hello Guys. I have a TFL Genesis 56” Twin Cat and after only 6 runs on 8s LiPos I’m getting discolouration on the motor wires as depicted in the attached Pics? I also find that one battery pack is quite warm after a run compared the the other side! Also getting a lot of “Moisture” on top of the Motor area and the ESC’s. I’ve leaked checked the hosing and all OK! The boat is getting up to 68mph on 8s LiPos and running superbly! Any thoughts on this would be appreciated guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How hot is it getting? One way to solve the Batt issue is to Parallel them. Make sure you are pulling from both. One Motor usually pulls harder than the other if you are consistently turning the same direction. (The inside Motor.) Can you post a pick of the layout?

I’ve identified the “Left” side having Hot issues! Swapped out the battery packs between left and right side and only left side Battery Heat issue! ESC same Temp as each other and Both Motors quite Cool as well as the Right side Battery. Speaking to Sandy at MarineFE where I purchased the boat from for any ideas as well. Likely that left ESC problem??

To make each motor see both 8S packs, you need to connect the two red input wires on the ESC together, and the two black input wires on the ESC together.
    This will stop one side from pulling the battery down more then the other.
    You also need to move your motor coolers, so that the output is at the top of the motor.
    If you cannot rotate them because of the input hitting the hull, you need to drill and tap a new output hole in each cooler at the highest point of the cooler,
    then put a set screw with some sealant on it in the old holes.

6 min. is a long run time, your packs should never be below 20% after a run.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

One more pieces to the puzzle! Just checked the battery levels on all 4 batteries and the 2 on the Right had a residual of 44% and the 2 on the left was at 4%!!! So it’s being drained much more somehow??

Quote Originally Posted by flexxb737 View Post
    One more pieces to the puzzle! Just checked the battery levels on all 4 batteries and the 2 on the Right had a residual of 44% and the 2 on the left was at 4%!!! So it’s being drained much more somehow??

So you have been making Right hand turns, as if driving on the oval RC boat coarse.
    Left hand motor has more load when making a right hand turn.

Now wire the input wires as I stated above, and your batteries will always be the same on all 4 packs.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet