Thread: Discolouration of Motors wires!

Default Discolouration of Motors wires!

Hello Guys. I have a TFL Genesis 56” Twin Cat and after only 6 runs on 8s LiPos I’m getting discolouration on the motor wires as depicted in the attached Pics? I also find that one battery pack is quite warm after a run compared the the other side! Also getting a lot of “Moisture” on top of the Motor area and the ESC’s. I’ve leaked checked the hosing and all OK! The boat is getting up to 68mph on 8s LiPos and running superbly! Any thoughts on this would be appreciated guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my, motor is getting hot,
    check to make sure cooling water is running through both motors efficiently. Check to make sure timing is the same on each motor. When my Zonda twin came in each motor's timing was different (one was getting hot, other was cool) (running 6s on each motor)
    I had a problem with cooling mainly. One side that was getting hot had "crap" stuck inside of the ESC tubes not allowing flow of water.

You on the verge of major meltdown/fire and are loss of everything.

My only opinion, but what do I know. Hope more people with more knowledgeable info responds. So that you don't fry it (been there done that)

We simply cannot help the OP without specifics like the exact motor, ESC timing, exact boat, speed, run time, etc. And we aren't mind readers, help us to help you!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Motors are NOT Hot and same temp to the Touch as well as the ECS’s. The only thing that’s getting Hot after running for about 6 min is the Left Battery pack(2x4S Series making 8S) even after swapping around the Packs it’s always the Left side Battery pack getting quite warm compared to the Right side which is quite cool! I have no idea about the “Timings” of the ECS. It’s a TFL Genesis 56” Twin Cat. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

could be the coating material itself, if wires got wet PH/alkalinity content of the water plus heat, curious what it really is, who knows. is long it doesn't poof, any performance difference that you noticed running the boat any odd smells?