Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Just arrived my New V3 Geico

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    548

    Default Just arrived my New V3 Geico

    My son and I bought the V2 he got the Geico I got the Blackjack. Ever since then I wanted a Geico and here she is, Bran new out of the box. My goal is to make some small upgrades. First thing to do is reassemble it, clean it then carbon fiber the nose and the seam, upgrade the flex shaft and strut, new 440 sharpened and balanced prop. My Blackjack has been running close to 50moh on 2 3cells since I got it with no issues. I am hoping to get the same results with the Geico. Not looking to break records just good sport running.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    na
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by royalcasa View Post
    My son and I bought the V2 he got the Geico I got the Blackjack. Ever since then I wanted a Geico and here she is, Bran new out of the box. My goal is to make some small upgrades. First thing to do is reassemble it, clean it then carbon fiber the nose and the seam, upgrade the flex shaft and strut, new 440 sharpened and balanced prop. My Blackjack has been running close to 50moh on 2 3cells since I got it with no issues. I am hoping to get the same results with the Geico. Not looking to break records just good sport running.
    Nice! You might consider mounting that motor in the other holes due to the way it's turned on the mount because you will only be filling half of the water jacket with water due to the water inlet being higher than the exit point. Or you might be able to twist the jacket a little with some pliers. It's a bummer yours didn't come with the new updated motor though. The Geico v3 runs decent below is mine.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VALiwuSvlts
    Last edited by MADRCER; 08-26-2018 at 12:52 AM.
    TFL Zonda (111mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Veles 29 (85.2mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), H-King Relentless v2 (43mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17, Atlantic II Tug

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    548

    Default

    What is the difference between the original and the updated motor
    Wow 81 mph, did you reenforce the hull, what prop are you using
    Last edited by royalcasa; 07-14-2018 at 09:11 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    na
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by royalcasa View Post
    What is the difference between the original and the updated motor
    Wow 81 mph, did you reenforce the hull, what prop are you using
    The new 3831 motors have around 1/3 more power than the old 3910 motors have. The prop I like to run for straight line 6s speed runs are the abc 1716-17-45 props prepped from Chris Hoffmann (dasboata) on here. If you start upgrading props that's the man you want to get a hold of. As for the hull I brushed a light coat of T88 epoxy over most of the fiberglass seams and poured a some in the sponson tips to help strengthen the weak areas and that's all I've done to it. Good luck with it! Here is a little quicker run of mine as well.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrxX6tZRNh8
    Last edited by MADRCER; 08-26-2018 at 12:53 AM.
    TFL Zonda (111mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Veles 29 (85.2mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), H-King Relentless v2 (43mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17, Atlantic II Tug

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Thank you

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    548

    Default

    why no Breakaway propeller. I am sure some of you have upgraded to a breakaway propeller, what is a good replacement rudder.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    The new 3831 motors have around 1/3 more power than the old 3910 motors have. The prop I like to run for straight line 6s speed runs are the abc 1716-17-45 props prepped from Chris Hoffmann (dasboata) on here. If you start upgrading props that's the man you want to get a hold of. As for the hull I brushed a light coat of T88 epoxy over most of the fiberglass seams and poured a some in the sponson tips to help strengthen the weak areas and that's all I've done to it. Good luck with it!
    Ordered a SB 440 from Chris, ordered the Veles 29 brakeaway rudder set, OSE shaft and strut,

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    na
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by royalcasa View Post
    Ordered a SB 440 from Chris, ordered the Veles 29 brakeaway rudder set, OSE shaft and strut,
    Nice! Chris' work is awesome. You'll be back for more...
    TFL Zonda (111mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Veles 29 (85.2mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), H-King Relentless v2 (43mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17, Atlantic II Tug

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    548

    Default

    DE83AF29-2F24-491E-B3B7-74139A94ED2B.jpg7B1F7BC6-8C66-4EC7-BE6E-8B7E28FBCAAE.jpgCF00A248-9893-4F4D-8FA6-21CC31C9A18C.jpg3ECA1514-2CBB-4CBC-BA51-707AD3665A3B.jpgSome inprovements done, CF on the nose, I added epoxy to the seams. I reinforced the transom. Added pool noodles, new coupler, OSE flex. I got a strut from OES but the inside diameter is to big for the stuffing tube. Stuffing tube Diameter is .236” The strut ID is .257” Waiting for the brakeaway rudder and the S and B prop.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    na
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Put a piece of heat shrink around the strut where it goes over the stuffing tube. This "slop" will allow for better angle adjustments and the heat shrink won't let your grease out easily and it won't let water in through your strut to wash away your grease.
    Last edited by MADRCER; 07-20-2018 at 11:27 PM.
    TFL Zonda (111mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Veles 29 (85.2mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), H-King Relentless v2 (43mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17, Atlantic II Tug

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    Put a piece of heat shrink around the strut where it goes over the stuffing tube. This "slop" will allow for better angle adjustments and the heat shrink won't let your grease out easily water and it won't let water in through your strut to wash away your grease.
    I will give it a try
    Thanks

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    la
    Posts
    8,722

    Default

    I’ve always liked these boats. The v3 is much better than the old one.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I’ve always liked these boats. The v3 is much better than the old one.
    Me to, it’s agood looking boat

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    548

    Default

    87BD8EE5-A547-4984-8FD1-3A270EE3758E.jpgA145C5AC-8087-461F-86B9-65CC19D8762A.jpg01AEC977-116C-4200-AE54-3CB5FB1DEFE4.jpg584024DD-3A80-4BFE-B868-AE46CF36E512.jpg28BA6A2B-1B20-48F8-B2F0-7CD778BF84BF.jpgMadrcer, shrink tube came out tight on the stuffing tube, I looks good to lol. Veles brakeaway rudder bolts right on, only mod I had to do was to invert the pushrod. The Veles rudder is razor sharp. Prop should be here on Monday

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Question about the rudder, front edge was not ground straight. You can see the it does not Follow the Straight edge on the paper. I don't think this is correct
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by royalcasa; 07-23-2018 at 12:30 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    CI
    Posts
    22

    Default

    You do not need to turn the motor or the cooling jacket.You just swap the pipes over on the motor.
    Last edited by blindpew; 07-27-2018 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Too many words

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    548

    Default

    891E6FE6-722D-40C6-A6EF-E5110569D517.jpgFirst run 37.6 mph with SB 440 prop batteries just about all the way back in the battery trey. Motor was hot 145 all other temps were good. Strut was set at 050” with a negative rake on a flat table. She was running pretty wet, water spray of the rear end of the first sponson. This version runs super flat nothing like my V2 Blackjack, My V2 Blackjack runs just over 49mph all stock except SB stock prop. It looks like I need to do some work.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •