Thread: ML Boatworks Florida Flats center console fishing boat, from design, to plug, to mold

Default ML Boatworks Florida Flats center console fishing boat, from design, to plug, to mold

Well, here is another off the wall design that I just couldn't say no to doing. Late last year, a friend of ours from church asked me if I would replicate her husbands boat. She wanted to give him a gift for his birthday, and she knows how much he loves his boat. Well, he has a florida flats boat, with 250xs Merc, that runs around 76mph..lol. While I am not going to say the brand, you will see the decals towards the end. It is a 20ft hull, and I did my best from online photos, some photos she was able to sneak of his boat, and a few measurements off of their website, to replicate the boat, and while I am not done, I have made a great amount of progress. What started life on the computer as a frame up design, then wood kit, then plug, then molds..we have the following. I still need to make a mold of the Poleing platform that goes over the motor at the back. I have the plug ready, just have not been in a mold making mood to do it yet. Anyways, here are some process, and progress pics. This boat will be available on the website soon as a hull, console, and poling platform kit. Enjoy the build, Mike

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

This was yesterday. I did up the graphics in CAD, and cut them out. I have more to make, but this was a good start.

Looks awesome Mike. Nice boat for catching

IMG_20141025_193311603.jpg
    Last edited by jim82; 07-13-2018 at 04:22 PM.