Thread: Need some advice on big boat with big electronics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Need some advice on big boat with big electronics

Hi guys,

I'm running an HPR-35 cat hull(55") with dual Lehrner 3040 motors(11) dual 250amp MGM controllers, twin octura 465 props, powered by 2 MaxAmp 8000mah, 5s lipos. My last run was clocked at 91.2mph. I'm trying to break the 100mph. barrier. Any suggestions on what I can do with the present electronics to improve speed? If not, how about a pair of 3060 motors on this hull? What wind do you suggest? Can I stick with these 250MGM controllers if I upgrade the motors?
    I need someone to give me advice who has a lot of experience with this type of set up. Keith are you out there?

Thanks,
    Don

Hi Don
    If you got 91 mph with a set of 465 props then going to 100 is going to be relatively easy. 465 props are oval props and not saw props. A set of ABC 2616 in CR is one way to do it. If you can run 2 regular rotation props then a pair of ABC 2518 will get you there too. Another way is to run 6s lipos with the props you got. I would suggest using a pair of dinogy 6s 6600 70c lipos would be the easiest way to do it:)

Mark