Thread: Turnigy receiver relay swicth

Default Turnigy receiver relay swicth

I installed a micro water pump(brushless) on my twin rigger just to improve the cooling of my esc's/motors activated by a nano servo and micro swicth and the results were impressing.Then I knew that HKing sells receiver relays swiches controlled via radio and got two of them with the purpuse to get a cleaner set up but have tried for hours to get them work with no sucess...I guess there is a miscomunication with my Futaba Faast radio...anyway if someone had sucess with these small devices let me know. Thanks in advance
    link to the product:https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...ay-switch.html

Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Gil have you tried switching the servo response speed? Try using a non-digital or non-HRS mode. The relay switch may function like an older analog servo.

Do you have a servo tester?
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Gill

This is one of the first reviews that I read.

(( Customer Rated Richard
    As stated in review the relay circuit is very voltage sensitive and will not work at 5 volts or more.
    Placed a diode in the positive servo lead to drop voltage to 4.6 volts and everything works fine.
    Good unit and since the unit has a single throw double pole relay you can turn on/off two different circuits. ))

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Tyler I've already tried this and it doesn't work, well I will get a try to what Larry posted.
    Thanks guys
    Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

why would you need a switch? wouldn't it make more sense to just keep it on?

Well a remote swicth is something nice but since it doesn't work I first installed a nano servo to activate a microswicth but I got rid of the servo and now i only have the swicth. As the pump is brushless and its power consume is very low a 1,8A 3S lipo is enough for my three minute ride. Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    why would you need a switch? wouldn't it make more sense to just keep it on?
    Like leadteflon bearings in struts, lots of pumps will burn up real fast if run dry. If you don't run a safety loop so the boat is only live just before you chuck it in, you are likely ruining the pump with it running dry every time you tape up and walk to the water.

If you race or do SAWs, as I believe GRSboats does, it can be several minutes from plugging in to launching, and the pump seals may be knackered before it ever got wet.
    Last edited by NativePaul; 07-10-2018 at 08:01 PM.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

My twin rigger is a heat boat that I use to play(not compete) with other twin gas boats during test sessions as our rules do not allow Fe riggers.Anyway the pump is activated via a waterproof micro swicth mounted on the rear lid just as the boat hit water and its working good for almost a year with no issues.
    Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

What kind of brushless pump are you using?

Does it use a noticeable amount more of battery compared to brushed? I think I noticed a tiny 6v diaphragm pump use a good bit of battery even on dry. Like 40-50% of a 2s 1100mah LiFE after about 10-15 mins.

Dmitry the one I use is very economical on the battery compared with the brushed I've tried. Here is the link to ebay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anself-Ultr...8AAOSwcvdXPBS4
    Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Do you run that one on 6V?

I run it on 12v( 3S 1,8 A transmitter battery), 6v isn't enough for best performance. I'm out of town but as soon at home will post some pics. Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

here pics of my twin rigger set up using a micro waterpump.The microservo to activate it is back cause I had problems with the "waterproof" swicth positioned on the rear lid. Gill
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Nice boat! One pump is enough for a twin motors and ESCs?? What pickup?

Thanks Mike yes this one working on 12v is enough (240l/h).The pick ups positioned behind the props are in charge to feed the pump (inline) .
    link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX9d-SZlXik
    Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

This pump does work great...I have two of them ...one in a 47 inch miss Bud gas hydro...one in a Genesis twin....Have been experimenting with different batterys....